az people heard of this?

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
so a guy from work told me there is this guy said guy no name no shop name in phx area that will build a allison for 3200 bucks is this tru have anybody heard this i sure havnt

of course my first question was who kit does he use and he didnt know so yeah

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Dont skimp on the trans man.

I went with a local guy build. Paid $3000 out the door and if i was going to do it all again i would for sure save up another 1500 bucks and get a stout trans

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
so a guy from work told me there is this guy said guy no name no shop name in phx area that will build a allison for 3200 bucks is this tru have anybody heard this i sure havnt

everyone is an expert anymore

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Off topic, but I see you're in Morenci....do you work for FMI? I work at their Henderson Mine in Colorado, getting ready to move back and go to work at the main office in Phoenix.

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
Off topic, but I see you're in Morenci....do you work for FMI? I work at their Henderson Mine in Colorado, getting ready to move back and go to work at the main office in Phoenix.

I work at morenci fairly often, I visit a lot of the mines in az for Cat. Yes dmaxman works at morenci too.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

Your not getting anything worth paying for at that price.

new york lly

I really do care!!
Feb 8, 2014
Buffalo NY
I just had my tranny done in Phoenix a few weeks ago on a recommendation from D Max-Mafia....S&K transmission the guys name is Chris, top shelf service & pricing. I shopped around Phoenix & had a couple of quotes for an Allison retran installed in the 38-39 range... I really wasn't looking for a built tranny but after talking with chris & telling him how much towing I do he made some suggestions,explained to me the difference between a reman & a rebuilt( I don't want to sound stupid but I didn't know there was a difference )& took great care of me. He remanned my tranny with upgraded clutch packs(raybestos) c1-c4 & oem c5,transgo shift kit & billet torque converter (single disk) 2 yr warranty etc.... I really can't say enough about how well the guy treated me all for a few hundred more than the Ally retran....he'll build you what ever you want ,really good guy call him find out for yourself his #is 623-869-9136 :thumb:

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
I just had my tranny done in Phoenix a few weeks ago on a recommendation from D Max-Mafia....S&K transmission the guys name is Chris, top shelf service & pricing. I shopped around Phoenix & had a couple of quotes for an Allison retran installed in the 38-39 range... I really wasn't looking for a built tranny but after talking with chris & telling him how much towing I do he made some suggestions,explained to me the difference between a reman & a rebuilt( I don't want to sound stupid but I didn't know there was a difference )& took great care of me. He remanned my tranny with upgraded clutch packs(raybestos) c1-c4 & oem c5,transgo shift kit & billet torque converter (single disk) 2 yr warranty etc.... I really can't say enough about how well the guy treated me all for a few hundred more than the Ally retran....he'll build you what ever you want ,really good guy call him find out for yourself his #is 623-869-9136 :thumb:

No complaints on how your trans is holding up so far?

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
sorry i didnt get a chance to answer was stuck at work anyway i was just asking if anybody knew of this i dont want some getto trans like i said he didnt know the name of the guy and yes i work for fmi in morenci