Anyone on iRacing?

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I'm going to give it a try and see how it feels. I got a cheap logitech G920 and plan on running it for a while on my 15" Surface book. It's an 8th gen i7 4.2 GHz with 16gb ram and a GTX1060 with 6gb dedicated. I will probably have some heat issues, but I don't want to build a machine if it sucks.

I'm more interested in getting some time behind a 360 sprint and then whatever else seems interesting.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
If any of you value your bank account, stay away from iRacing. I'm not a gamer or computer nerd, but this is about as good as I can imagine aside from a real car. I've only spent time in sprints, but it responds as expected to car adjustments. The values may not be on point, but the "change" in values is.

I have been very skeptical for a long time, but it is as good as other say it is. If it's your cup of tea, it's worth every penny and will become a dark dark hole.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Race drones. Its way more fun and you’re not just sitting at a computer.

Don't get me started down another hole. I used to fly 3d planes a while ago before drones really existed. Unfortunately it became too much of a hassle living in SoCal surrounded by houses and no where great to fly. I have a buddy who is big into the drone game, and it's tempting.

iRacing is more of a past time for when I'm stuck at home. You won't find me on it Saturday afternoon.