33-12.50r17 pulling options

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Best option for a 33 on a 17” wheel for sled pulling?

Considering the ridge grappler so I could run these wheels other wise also.

I know the truxus sts is probably the best option.

Will be mounted on h2 wheels

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Depends a lot of the dirt around where your pulling. Theirs been so many different variables used that all seem to work well.

Strictly pulling tires or will they see some street use?

Bfg at k/o's do well, the sts's are hard to beat. Some times mud grapplers.

My most recent set I was running 4 faulken wildpeak m/t's in the rear and 2 mudgrapplers up front all in 35x12.5x17.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Depends a lot of the dirt around where your pulling. Theirs been so many different variables used that all seem to work well.

Strictly pulling tires or will they see some street use?

Bfg at k/o's do well, the sts's are hard to beat. Some times mud grapplers.

My most recent set I was running 4 faulken wildpeak m/t's in the rear and 2 mudgrapplers up front all in 35x12.5x17.

I’d say our tracks are more hard packed stuff. A few people try super aggressive tires like the mud grapplers and don’t have the best of luck normally.

Street use will be minimal, unless someone can convince me that the ridge grappler will do as well all around for pulling as a bfg ko, or sts.

I will say those two are the tire of choice around here for the gas class big boy.
4x4s. That alone says a lot to me, other than a 1000hp big block and a 800hp diesel are two different ball games.

I’m just not a huge fan of the ko tires overall. I guess I should have posted the question of ridge grapplers or sts.

We all know sts does very well over all as a pulling tire and shit as a street tire. The ridge grappler is proving to be a legit street tire option, but has anyone used them for pulling?

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I started pulling years ago with a set of nitro terra grapplers and they did good.

Not sure how the ridge grapplers will work, but I'd imagine they'll do fine. I like the looks of them. I'll more than likely end up putting a set of them on my lml tow pig this month once my built motor is completed and installed.

I think any new tire with the more sharp edges you can get will do just fine.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Good all around tire is the General Grabber A/T, the new BFG A/T's don't seem to work as good as the old ones. Don't know anyone using the Ridge grapples's. Generally a all terrain tire with lots of siping works best.

STS are great if you don't plan to drive on asphalt at all.

Mud Grapplers only seem to work good if you have the HP to turn them fast, like 1,200hp +

But these are just my opinions....

Last edited: