2011 Yukon autoride suspension

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone know anything about the Z55 Autoride package on a 2011 Yukon Denali? We bought my wife's Yukon used and I had no idea they had this. I started checking things out because our Yukon rides really firm. My dad has the exact same vehicle and his is significantly softer than ours is. I crawled underneath and took a quick look, and the air shock "sacks" are all ripped up so there's no way they would hold air. I have never heard any kind of compressor running, so I'm assuming it's either burned out or someone pulled the fuses. Is there a way to disable or adjust the Autoride system at all? Is there a module the dealer can pull codes from? Would any of this cause the suspension to firm up? My initial thought was that it would make it softer rather than firmer, but I don't know much about these things.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
If the bags are toast, then the compressor probably burned up...the suspension would be very "firm" feeling without the support offered from the bags, and the rear end should be feeling fairly sloppy/less precise and perform poorly in this condition.

There is no way to adjust the Z55 air ride on a 2011 (01-06 i think you could), and you wouldnt want to disable it...

These guys make quality replacement parts:
https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CHEVROLET_yid11_pid171.html

Id suggest ditching the air ride for a coil conversion, less expensive and more reliable, along with more consistant and more reassuring handling...

If youre interested in lowering it at all, I know of a guy who has everything youd want to go that route

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I checked fuses yesterday and the 40 amp compressor fuse is blown. The other two (compressor relay fuse and ESSC/exhaust valve fuse) are ok. Checked the shocks again and the air sleeve on the passenger shock is ripped. Driver's side looks ok.

I'm still thinking that the ESC module is unplugged since we don't get any messages on the DIC. That's the next step is to check that before I start ordering replacement parts.