2005 Silverado Duramax LLY Crank No Start, please help

shirazdrum

Sep 9, 2020
Well that's good to know, I'm eliminating the fuel line for sure then, and will see if I can move it somewhere cooler. It honestly puzzles me why GM is hell bent on keeping sensitive electronics in the engine bay. There is no reason whatsoever to keep the ECM, TCU and the FICM in the engine bay, they could have just shoved them all under the dash, there is enough room for hiding a camel there. What it would it cost them? $2 more for longer and heavier wires?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
99% of these trucks never have a temperature or exposure related computer failure, so putting them under the dash would be, at best, an unnecessary expense. Heat hasn't been a problem for automotive electronics for decades (except possibly Ford FICMs). So much so that most modern transmissions put the computer inside the pan where they are submerged in scalding hot ATF constantly.

Your FICM did not die from heat, it died of a voltage spike or just plain old age taking out the electrolytic capacitors. It isn't like the 6.2L's PDU with garbage 90s electronics inside that needed cooling. I honestly have no idea why GM even bothered running fuel through the FICM in the first place. Even assuming the fuel is cooler than the ambient conditions, which is not always true.

GabeGrindstaff

May 25, 2023
Burnsville nc
I replaced the whole injector harness recently and it takes a lot to start and sometimes it won’t start but when It does it has a lope and I can take the key out and the cel is in and the fass lift pump runs constantly I have to disconnect the battery’s to kill the pump