04 LB7 to LLY Swap

AScarbro14

Jul 30, 2014
First off I'm new here and I know there has been quite a few threads made for this subject and I have read through quite a few of them but in each I have got lost in what exactly I need to do the swap.

I have a 2004 Cali LB7 and I am currently in the process of building another motor to replace the one that is in it now. I have been tossing the idea of swapping it to an LLY for the main fact of getting away from LB7 injectors. The bottom end is nearly complete so I would like to know what all I exactly need to do the swap. I have already found a good set of LLY head so that part is out of the way.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Ive done this swap mine was the complete LLY engine, make 4 injector harness adapters from the Lb7 under valve cover harness and 8 LLY injector pigtails, lengthen the Rail sensor harness pigtail, adapt the LB7 FICM and adapt it to the LLY valve cover, Use the LB7 ECM and FICM, find someone to tune it, I tune the one I did myself and it too a couple days of tweeking to get it to run right.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
He has an 04, there is no reason to treat it like an 01/02 Lb7.

You will need a complete LLY top end including the harness and LLY FICM & ECM. There are no wiring changes. Drop the completed LLY in place of the LB7, do an emergency re learn and your up and running. Your fuel gauge will read backward until you change it with Efi live.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
He has an 04, there is no reason to treat it like an 01/02 Lb7.

You will need a complete LLY top end including the harness and LLY FICM & ECM. There are no wiring changes. Drop the completed LLY in place of the LB7, do an emergency re learn and your up and running. Your fuel gauge will read backward until you change it with Efi live.
Would this be the case for a 03 LB7 as well?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Yep your right my bad. It's a lot easier doing the 03-04's
BTW Russ thanks for not returning phone calls or texts.