Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsDmax View Post
Easy stuff first, lower front end, clamp springs if not already done. Worst thing is you are pulling in a street diesel class, like Zak said you can only do so much too keep up with the cheaters. The blue LMM and yourself looked damn close distance wise so I would say you two likely are stock turbos where that big ford or the M.A dmax are not. Lots of setup left in that truck.
My truck pulls in the "street diesel" class here in WI. Our rules are:

1) 8200lb max, no weight bars, all weights must be in box
2) Must be reece style hitch in factory location. Opening must be 3"3.75 or larger, 26" hitch height
3) No sanctioned trucks allowed
4) Helmet and seat belt recommended
5) No whining, bitching or complaining. Violators will be subject to running scale rest of the night!
6) Run what you brung, hope you brought enough
-Tuned by Zach @ Starlite
-Built Motor, Forced Inductions Billet ETR Gen 4 S480/96/1.10 T6 w/V2 Race Cover, Modded Exergy 250% Injectors, Exergy 14mm Street Pump/LBZ CP3, Goerend Q Converter, Billet Trans, Fuelab Supply Pump/Reg, RCD & Beans Sumps, Front E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Rear Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Banks iDash 1.8 Monitoring System

2) DD/Tow Rig: 2002 LB7 CCSB, Leather, Loaded
-Tuned by Starlite
-Cast S475/96/1.10 T6 Over Stock IHI, FASS 150,4" Exhaust, RCD Sump, PPE Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap, LML Oil Pump, LML Piston Cooling Nozzles, 2020 L5P Oil Cooler, Derale Aux Oil Cooler w/Fan, Banks iDash 1.8 Monitoring System
Old 07-09-2019, 11:22 AM
FNG

Thanks guys. Appreciate the input. I'll keep plugging away at it. I'll drop the front tonight. Next pull is Friday
Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
My truck pulls in the "street diesel" class here in WI. Our rules are:

1) 8200lb max, no weight bars, all weights must be in box
2) Must be reece style hitch in factory location. Opening must be 3"3.75 or larger, 26" hitch height
3) No sanctioned trucks allowed
4) Helmet and seat belt recommended
5) No whining, bitching or complaining. Violators will be subject to running scale rest of the night!
6) Run what you brung, hope you brought enough
Wild lol. I love hearing about that type of class but hate it in the same breath. Very hard to get much hook without front weight but I can appreciate a RWYB no front weight class!

2003 Chevy LB7 CC/SB "Cheap Hooker"
EFI By Kory - S400 HSP Kit - 2.5" Billet Charger - 2.8" Puller

2008 GMC LMM CC/SB
EFI By Kory - Magnaflow Exhaust
Old 07-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Wild lol. I love hearing about that type of class but hate it in the same breath. Very hard to get much hook without front weight but I can appreciate a RWYB no front weight class!
I mean I'm still hitting 26-28mph ground speed in the class. Hanging weight adds 2-3mph when I've got all 1000lb off the nose with the front locker. I can leave harder, lock sooner etc.

The part I don't like about the class is it doesn't allow guys with stock turbos/small upgrades to be competitive so it makes them not want to hook. We need an entry class and we've tried getting the local organizations to get an entry level class to get more people into the sport. Drag racing isn't pronounced here in regards to the diesel scene, all we really do is sled pulling. Myself and another guy with a very very similar built duramax have to turn down at the strip to keep inside the roll bar limits.
-Built Motor, Forced Inductions Billet ETR Gen 4 S480/96/1.10 T6 w/V2 Race Cover, Modded Exergy 250% Injectors, Exergy 14mm Street Pump/LBZ CP3, Goerend Q Converter, Billet Trans, Fuelab Supply Pump/Reg, RCD & Beans Sumps, Front E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Rear Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Banks iDash 1.8 Monitoring System

-Tuned by Starlite
-Cast S475/96/1.10 T6 Over Stock IHI, FASS 150,4" Exhaust, RCD Sump, PPE Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap, LML Oil Pump, LML Piston Cooling Nozzles, 2020 L5P Oil Cooler, Derale Aux Oil Cooler w/Fan, Banks iDash 1.8 Monitoring System
Old 07-09-2019, 11:30 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
I mean I'm still hitting 26-28mph ground speed in the class. Hanging weight adds 2-3mph when I've got all 1000lb off the nose with the front locker. I can leave harder, lock sooner etc.
Yep I ran mine for years that way no front weight etc just in box and went up a class to what we call Pro Street Diesel (LPSD) and the truck loved the front weight. No locker, stock trans, stock turbo. Still working on that truck now and have a dedicated LPSD, bumped the other truck back to the street class.

2008 GMC LMM CC/SB
Old 07-09-2019, 01:14 PM
FNG

I'll get the front end dropped down his week. We pull again Friday. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep plugging away at it.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:21 PM
FNG

Is clamping the springs doing the same thing as having ladder bars? If not where do I clamp them? I can get the clamps here local
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lighting View Post
Is clamping the springs doing the same thing as having ladder bars? If not where do I clamp them? I can get the clamps here local
On my work stock truck, I run stops, clamps and bars. Clamps will lower the rear a bit but makes the suspension much more solid. I would clamp then confirm hitch height. It will ride like S*** though I can guarantee it

2008 GMC LMM CC/SB
Old 07-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
On my work stock truck, I run stops, clamps and bars. Clamps will lower the rear a bit but makes the suspension much more solid. I would clamp then confirm hitch height. It will ride like S*** though I can guarantee it
I just run stops and bars, seems to be doing well for me.

-Tuned by Starlite
Old 07-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
I assume your rules must require the stops to have a certain amount of gap? 1"?

OP, can you post your rules?

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 07-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
I assume your rules must require the stops to have a certain amount of gap? 1"?

OP, can you post your rules?
No they dont. I clamp and lift the truck high to install the blocks.

2008 GMC LMM CC/SB
Old 07-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Hotrodder

Truck sounds great!
Easy stuff, Clamp the front of the leaf springs to the overload, dump torsions all the way down, get better front end parts, traction bars. I ran my 33 inch bfg all terrains about 20psi higher than my fronts. Bump the shifter into neutral at the end of the run. The converter is stopping the motor cause its locked and your tires stopped turning. Neutralat the end of the run will resolve that issue
Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 PM
FNG

Front end is dropped low as I can get it and springs are clamped. Track is usually pretty tight we are pulling on tommorow night. Any recommendations on tire pressure?
General Grabber ATx 285/75/16 Load Range E with a max tire pressure 80psi
Been running 45 rears 32 in front
Old 07-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Shits broke

80psi in the rear

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Im curious, how do you go about starting your pull? Do you raise RPM to about 1500-2000rpm and hold it before you let off the brakes, or do you simply start at idle and punch it off the start?
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy

Marlene (Molly) Bacon -- 1936 - 2019 -- RIP Mom You're already missed, at home and on the piano.

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.
Reality is a matter of perspective.
This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)