Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Back in the Motherland

Trading my wheels and tires to a buddy who wants them more than me next weekend, he bought a brand new set to give to me. Gonna look a *bit* different. Hopefully they fit

2008 CC/SB LMM SLT
EFI by Idaho Rob | 5in Straight Pipe | Isspro Ev2 Gauges | Titan 52gal Fuel Tank | Banks Intake/Filter | DJM Shackles | PCV Reroute | Custom Power Steering Cooler

1983 c10/Cummins Conversion - On Hold

"I think we missed the turn..." - Somewhere in Baja
Old 01-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Hotrodder

Dropped trans pan and installed epc fooler along with new filters and dex 6!

08 CCSB LMM - HSP 369sxe kit, 10mm S&S cp3, built trans with suncoast 1058, supporting mods and Danville tuned
SOLD
Old 01-12-2019, 06:18 PM
<<<IT WORKS

Just finished pulling my engine, I decided it was going to be just as easy to pull the engine as do everything in the truck. Doing a LBZ water pump, profab stock style uppipes, porting the manifolds and pedestal, pulling the pan off to fix a oil leak and tap it for a turbo drain and replaced my rear main seal.
ATS Dual CP3, and S369, ARP 625 head studs and main studs, LBZ Rods, Delipped pistons, Hamilton valve Spring, 30 over injectors, 5in Turbo Back exhaust, ATS Transmission, Fass 150, and Running on Moonshine.
DIED AND NOW HAS BEEN RAISE FROM THE DEAD

1971 C10 Restoration/ProTouring Project, LBZ/4L80E Inprogress
Old 01-13-2019, 09:10 AM
Hotrodder

Drove the truck and took a family trip up the the snow yesterday. Halfway through the trip I noticed the converter not locking on the hwy. No engine light. Pulled over at a gas station and scanned the truck PO741. Cleared the code and continued. Converter started locking so went on my way. Noticed when the TC locks, it is not as firm as before. Made it home and no codes still but trans shifted hard/ weird a couple times. Lock up still seems softer than normal. Made a call and sent a pm to Mike to see his recommendation.

While we were having fun playing in the snow, my tailgate handle clip that holds the latch rod broke........ Had to improvise to get the tailgate open since I have a tonneau cover. Had to remove the tailgate lock and remove the tailgate handle bezel. Broke it in the process..... Finally got it open. Ordered a new bezel and handle assembly.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Back in the Motherland

Got new batteries, changed the oil. The autocraft golds I had lasted 6 years

2008 CC/SB LMM SLT
EFI by Idaho Rob | 5in Straight Pipe | Isspro Ev2 Gauges | Titan 52gal Fuel Tank | Banks Intake/Filter | DJM Shackles | PCV Reroute | Custom Power Steering Cooler

Old 01-13-2019, 04:57 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike View Post
Drove the truck and took a family trip up the the snow yesterday. Halfway through the trip I noticed the converter not locking on the hwy. No engine light. Pulled over at a gas station and scanned the truck PO741. Cleared the code and continued. Converter started locking so went on my way. Noticed when the TC locks, it is not as firm as before. Made it home and no codes still but trans shifted hard/ weird a couple times. Lock up still seems softer than normal. Made a call and sent a pm to Mike to see his recommendation.

While we were having fun playing in the snow, my tailgate handle clip that holds the latch rod broke........ Had to improvise to get the tailgate open since I have a tonneau cover. Had to remove the tailgate lock and remove the tailgate handle bezel. Broke it in the process..... Finally got it open. Ordered a new bezel and handle assembly.
That looks fun!
2010 GMC 1500 RCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's/ Kooks / Magnaflow / 5.3 / 6l80E / TVS1900 @ 14#'s / BTR Top End / Boosted Bump Stick / Trunion upgrade / 90mm / 10% over / 2.8 griptec / 105 lb ID's / Mayhem built/tuned.

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
That looks fun!
It was! Family had a great time. it was snowing most of the time.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:27 PM
lots to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike View Post
It was! Family had a great time. it was snowing most of the time.
Where is this if you dont mind me asking?

2008 LMM SCLB 2500 converted to 3500 dually flatbed

O6 LLY GMC SLT 4X4 (sold)
2005 LLY SCLB (sold)
Old 01-13-2019, 06:41 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacy_dzlguy View Post
Where is this if you dont mind me asking?
In Big Bear, CA.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:05 AM
Hotrodder

I was able to talk to Mike about the truck yesterday. As soon as he gets some trucks out of the shop I will be bringing my truck down and he will be installing a new converter. We didn't discuss what the new converter will be, but I am sure he will pick something good for me. All I know is it will have a billet stator.
At the same time I asked him to do a fluid exchange on a transfer case and the transmission since it will be out and I'm due for a fluid exchange anyways.

It was nice talking to you Mike and I will see you soon. I hope you feel better soon too.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Back in the Motherland

One trip to St. Louis later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 CC/SB LMM SLT

Old 01-22-2019, 04:37 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Nick? ^^^^
2010 GMC 1500 RCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's/ Kooks / Magnaflow / 5.3 / 6l80E / TVS1900 @ 14#'s / BTR Top End / Boosted Bump Stick / Trunion upgrade / 90mm / 10% over / 2.8 griptec / 105 lb ID's / Mayhem built/tuned.

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:05 PM
Hotrodder

Just bought an OBDlink MX+ on Amazon for 50% off on a lightning deal. Supposed to be coming out with enhance diagnosis support for my truck soon. Just going to try it out since my other obd Bluetooth is getting old. Pretty cool little tool to have in the truck.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:07 PM
Hotrodder

Got a link mike? I don’t have any gauges or monitor in the lml yet and don’t know how to update my auto cal to log or view pid’s on the lml. Was thinking of getting a Bluetooth adapter and using that torque app or whatever other apps there is

08 CCSB LMM - HSP 369sxe kit, 10mm S&S cp3, built trans with suncoast 1058, supporting mods and Danville tuned
SOLD
Old 01-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh154 View Post
Got a link mike? I don’t have any gauges or monitor in the lml yet and don’t know how to update my auto cal to log or view pid’s on the lml. Was thinking of getting a Bluetooth adapter and using that torque app or whatever other apps there is
Here you go buddy.

OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Turns Your iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire or Windows Device into a Professional-Grade Diagnostic Scan Tool, Trip Computer, and Real-time Performance Monitor. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6..._g7qtCb6HAQNPC

I got it for $49.97 on Amazon lightning deal. Should go on sale again.

I had my cheap Bluetooth obd2 adapter for a long time and it served me good to read codes on the fly and moniter things while driving. This last time I used it while me and the family were going to the mountains to play in the snow. Noticed the truck was acting funny and revving high like the converter was unlocked. Plugged it in and looked at the torque app. Saw that the tcc was not locking and even though I didn't have an engine light I was able to pull a code and clear it. Since mine is getting old I decided to get a new better one. This one is supposed to do a lot more than the regular cheap Bluetooth obd2 adapters.