Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Hotrodder

Default Stainless Diesel S475 T6 5 Blade

Hey everybody, thought I'd post an ad and see if there would happen to be any interest in my turbo.. The week before Christmas me and my brother installed an HSP compound kit on my lml and I got this stainless diesel 5 blade turbo..

475 /96/1.32 are the specs..

I really like how it runs under full throttle but I'm wondering if the bottom end spool up is as good as a regular box stock 475.. So I would like to try that and also would like the extra money lol..

Asking $2k OBO

And also if anybody would have thoughts on performance differences they could pm me or something...

Or cell is 66two-710-zero542

Thanks
Old 01-13-2019, 05:55 AM
Hotrodder

Dont know about any difference in performance, but Ive got a box 475 that was just rebuilt, new seals, 360 thrust bearing instead of the 270, and I put in a billet wheel. Id be willing to let it go pretty cheap, Im going bigger in my compound setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2019, 07:04 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.M. View Post
Dont know about any difference in performance, but Ive got a box 475 that was just rebuilt, new seals, 360 thrust bearing instead of the 270, and I put in a billet wheel. Id be willing to let it go pretty cheap, Im going bigger in my compound setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good, if I can find somebody to buy mine I'll take you up on it..
Old 01-13-2019, 07:14 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

The one you have now will spool a tad faster than a box stock 475. If the setup is laggy, its tuning related or you have a boost leak/drive pressure leak
James

02 LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, L5P 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 01-13-2019, 09:15 AM
Its only temporary!

Is it tuned for compounds? The 475 you have now is setup exactly how it shoild be. Getting another charger wont change anything.

06 Chevy LBZ
Olympic White Built Motor/Trans Bullseye s375 45% Injectors Stock CP3 Built and Tuned by Blackout Performance
11.76@115.12 SOLD
08 BMW 528xi
Alpine White Brown Dakota Leather Premium/Cold/Smoker Pkg LED AEs MTec D1S 50% tint
Old 01-13-2019, 11:12 AM
I like turtles

Your s476 has zero to do with it being laggy. Tuning has a huge part though along with boost leaks. I'd double check everything. Send tuner logs.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Hotrodder

Yeah it's tuned for a compound setup along with a stroker cp3 conversion that I did at the same time.. I'm in the process of getting Kory some logs in the morning so yeah guess we'll see what happens after that..

I just remember reading somewhere that maybe the 5 blade turbo had better top end air so I was wondering if low end was a little worse then a stock one..
Old 01-13-2019, 03:08 PM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilml View Post
Yeah it's tuned for a compound setup along with a stroker cp3 conversion that I did at the same time.. I'm in the process of getting Kory some logs in the morning so yeah guess we'll see what happens after that..

I just remember reading somewhere that maybe the 5 blade turbo had better top end air so I was wondering if low end was a little worse then a stock one..
Your valley charger dictates bottom end power. The 475 takes over at top end
Old 01-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Hotrodder

I understand that, I was just meaning how quick this 475 spools vs a regular 6 blade one but I can believe there wouldn't be any difference.. Or at least a noticeable one..
Old 01-13-2019, 03:33 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilml View Post
I understand that, I was just meaning how quick this 475 spools vs a regular 6 blade one but I can believe there wouldn't be any difference.. Or at least a noticeable one..

You wont. You would need a really big primary charger to see bad lag. You also notice a two stroke top end as the big turbo finally comes in when really oversized.

The nice part of the wheel is its mainly a top end gain without effecting bottom end. Same goes for the race cover.
James

02 LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, L5P 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 01-13-2019, 03:41 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
You wont. You would need a really big primary charger to see bad lag. You also notice a two stroke top end as the big turbo finally comes in when really oversized.

The nice part of the wheel is its mainly a top end gain without effecting bottom end. Same goes for the race cover.
Thanks, I'll probably just keep what I have then..
Old 01-13-2019, 03:57 PM
2nd place is last

I highly recommend keeping what you have. IMO the box 475 is too small to run anyways. All you’re going to do is increase your drive pressure overall, most likely loose spoolup, and increase your chances of a bottom end failure. Get some logs to kory and get that fixed ASAP, in order to dial in a truck in my experience you really have to ride him hard to do anything.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Hotrodder

Yeah I'm going to see what he can do tomorrow.. It's not that it runs bad at all, it's just I think the responsiveness can be bettered by a whole lot.. And I do have a little dip in rail pressure at one point in a full throttle run that he can adjust I'm sure but there again I don't think it's really hurting anything, feels pretty strong once I go wot..