Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-17-2018, 03:19 PM
FNG

Default 02 Duramax Allison P0700 and P0872

Hello,
So I've been viewing these forums for awhile now and heavily reading all of Mike L's great advice. I've been messing around with these trucks for years and have finally ran into an issue i just cannot figure out. Saturday i changed Filters(internal and spin on) and put new fluid in. I drive a lot of miles over the course of a year so i do this every 15,000 miles or so. Never had an issue. Well after i went through my normal procedure and put it in drive for it to go into limp mode. I dropped the pan again, made sure i didnt damage the harness and checked to make sure all the plugs where connected. Checked out so i tried again same result. Dropped pan again tore apart v body, all valves moved freely. Hooked tech 2 up checked to make sure ps 3 was working and it was. Dropped pan and replaced the v body with one that was good. I'm still stuck in the same position. Im unsure where to even go next

PS sorry for the terrible introduction, my heads about to explode, My names Grant and have been working on custom vehicle builds for years and spent a lot of time working on chrysler transmission's.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDduramax View Post
Hello,
So I've been viewing these forums for awhile now and heavily reading all of Mike L's great advice. I've been messing around with these trucks for years and have finally ran into an issue i just cannot figure out. Saturday i changed Filters(internal and spin on) and put new fluid in. I drive a lot of miles over the course of a year so i do this every 15,000 miles or so. Never had an issue. Well after i went through my normal procedure and put it in drive for it to go into limp mode. I dropped the pan again, made sure i didnt damage the harness and checked to make sure all the plugs where connected. Checked out so i tried again same result. Dropped pan again tore apart v body, all valves moved freely. Hooked tech 2 up checked to make sure ps 3 was working and it was. Dropped pan and replaced the v body with one that was good. I'm still stuck in the same position. Im unsure where to even go next

PS sorry for the terrible introduction, my heads about to explode, My names Grant and have been working on custom vehicle builds for years and spent a lot of time working on chrysler transmission's.
How many miles ?
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 07-18-2018, 05:01 AM
Freedom Diesel

Have you tried a different sump filter?
Thank you.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Ecodiesel
Old 07-18-2018, 08:27 AM
FNG

it has right around 360,000 miles on it. I tried a lot of things last night swapped an nsbu, try to disconnect all the plugs and plugged them back in. ran through the tech 2 and one weird thing i noticed is it wont let me do a quick relearn. im going to try to reset all the pressure tables today and see if that gives me anything. yes it has new wix sump filter.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:46 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

have you tested the solenoid or checked the wiring for it? does the wiring harness plug at the back of the trans (pass side at rear of trans) have trans fluid leaking into it?
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 07-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Got Sheep?

'02 Allisons are not supported for a fast learn and, fast learn does not fix any problems.

Tuned by Idaho Rob.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:44 PM
Freedom Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDduramax View Post
it has right around 360,000 miles on it. I tried a lot of things last night swapped an nsbu, try to disconnect all the plugs and plugged them back in. ran through the tech 2 and one weird thing i noticed is it wont let me do a quick relearn. im going to try to reset all the pressure tables today and see if that gives me anything. yes it has new wix sump filter.
I meant have you tried one that is not the first replacement you put in? I have had several filters come from the factory having leaks, and some have even been genuine Allison-branded filters.
Thank you.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Ecodiesel
Old 07-22-2018, 07:10 PM
FNG

First off I want to say thank you for all the advice. Had a crazy week at the shop and the truck got pushed off. I put a new filter on it today with no changes. Cleared all the tables and it started shifting. Needed parts for another vehicle so had to run about 80 miles to get them.
Shifted smooth and great...but transmission temp shot up. I guess I’ll rip the lines off and try to clean everything out real well. Never had good luck with this, seems in my case by the time the cooler lines have enough junk to get clogged, something else is wrong. I’ll hopefully update tomorrow and I believe my morning is pretty light. Once thanks everyone for help!