Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeG View Post
That is why wagler split with brodix. They told him "too bad". Jeremy told me that he took care of every set that failed prematurely on his own dime....
As far as I know, the new ones are great but the whole iron thing was the fix. We ran a set of waglers solid aluminum ones(not filled, no water jackets ever) from the new foundry with the ductile inserts for 3 seasons at 1250 & 1600 fwhp with no issues. They are still running for the new owners too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Good to know. The last time it came up Tony Rizzi got involved somehow trying to rectify the situation but that was a few months back.

I'm wondering how the No Limit heads are. Ductile iron with removable deck incase of damage, available with or without coolant flow. Guy up here in WI has them on his shop truck (Blown Black Performance) and has some pretty crazy flow claims. I'd love to see them bench tested on the same day etc vs some of the other big name heads.
-Built Motor, Forced Inductions Billet ETR 480/96/1.10 T6 w/V2 Race Cover, Modded Exergy 250% Injectors, Exergy 14mm Street Pump/LBZ CP3, Goerend Q Converter, Billet Trans, Fuelab Supply Pump/Reg, RCD Sump, Front E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Rear Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support

2) DD/Tow Rig: 2002 LB7 CCSB, Leather, Loaded
-Bosch NEW Injectors, FASS 150, 3" Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back, RCD Sump, PPE Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap
Old 03-13-2019, 11:40 AM
LEGALLY INSANE

What about the PROMAXX heads? I know some of there stuff has been hit or miss, but I see they're making DURAMAX heads now and claim they are thicker/heavier castings.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:33 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
What about the PROMAXX heads? I know some of there stuff has been hit or miss, but I see they're making DURAMAX heads now and claim they are thicker/heavier castings.

PROMAXX heads are loved in the 6L powerstroke market but I do not know of any published flow numbers for the duramax heads.

As of now it appears that the Edelbrock are probably the best bang for the buck and flow a little less than SoCal stage 2 at about the same price loaded let alone the benefits the Edelbrock head sees once ported.
-Built Motor, Forced Inductions Billet ETR 480/96/1.10 T6 w/V2 Race Cover, Modded Exergy 250% Injectors, Exergy 14mm Street Pump/LBZ CP3, Goerend Q Converter, Billet Trans, Fuelab Supply Pump/Reg, RCD Sump, Front E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Rear Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support

-Bosch NEW Injectors, FASS 150, 3" Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back, RCD Sump, PPE Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap
Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 PM
I like turtles

We have had great luck with pro max on 6.0s. Only thing with them is the coolant ports always have crap in them that didnt get flushed out.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:52 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

I was curious because you can pick up a brand new bare head for about $500, or $900 for a complete bolt on head. Thats about what most places want for remans. I also seen somebody on amazon selling them as a pair for under $1300 complete.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:55 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
I was curious because you can pick up a brand new bare head for about $500, or $900 for a complete bolt on head. Thats about what most places want for remans. I also seen somebody on amazon selling them as a pair for under $1300 complete.
The only thing Id advise is making sure they are checked for flatness. Ive had one set come not perfectly flat for a 6L.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:17 PM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
The only thing Id advise is making sure they are checked for flatness. Ive had one set come not perfectly flat for a 6L.
Even from the dealer we have them surfaced
Old 03-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
That for duramax or Ford 6.oh heads?

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 03-14-2019, 05:58 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
That for duramax or Ford 6.oh heads?
Duramax. A bare casting from ProMax is ~$500, a fully loaded head is ~$900. That is with standard size valves and essentially stock rated springs. They are amazing if you ever destroyed a head. Their quality is honestly pretty good from the 4 sets I've put in on 6.0L fords, never used them on a duramax yet.