Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #151  
Old 02-12-2018, 01:16 PM
gmduramax's Avatar
gmduramax gmduramax is online now
Shits broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 2,900

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
let me know cause i push right through my damn hydro boost when i panic stop. might as well get more master in there too if i change it.
It could also be the caliper flexing. A good aftermarket would help that.
__________________
2008 GMC duramax crew cab short bed 2500.
10.98@124mph

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-12-2018, 01:45 PM
malibu795's Avatar
malibu795 malibu795 is offline
misspeelleerr

 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: in the buckeye state
Posts: 7,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
let me know cause i push right through my damn hydro boost when i panic stop. might as well get more master in there too if i change it.
I'm guessing you have already swapped the rubber flex lines to SS braided?
__________________
Adam
mispeeling wrods n a thraed nere u
07.5 3500hd RCLB LMM GT4088R, 4.56 gears 225/70/19.5 efi live 478k broke block
99 FL60 8.3 12v 13sp
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull salior
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Chevy1925's Avatar
Chevy1925 Chevy1925 is offline
don't know sh!t about IFS

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix Az
Posts: 14,431

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu795 View Post
I'm guessing you have already swapped the rubber flex lines to SS braided?

Yup! Old ones were cracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
It could also be the caliper flexing. A good aftermarket would help that.

Wonít fit with my walkers... wheel is too thick
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Mike L is my role model. I want to be like him when I grow up.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-12-2018, 02:49 PM
gmduramax's Avatar
gmduramax gmduramax is online now
Shits broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 2,900

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
Yup! Old ones were cracking




Wonít fit with my walkers... wheel is too thick
Should with the SSBC three piston calipers.
__________________
2008 GMC duramax crew cab short bed 2500.
10.98@124mph

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Chevy1925's Avatar
Chevy1925 Chevy1925 is offline
don't know sh!t about IFS

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix Az
Posts: 14,431

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Should with the SSBC three piston calipers.
might look at those. really i need to fix the trailer brakes. dumb asses at Lipert used the ez grease hubs to pack the hubs full until it came out the seal at the back and screwed my brakes... just something else to fix...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Mike L is my role model. I want to be like him when I grow up.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-19-2018, 05:16 AM
gmc502 gmc502 is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 289
Default

made it thru a snow storm yesterday,brakes worked great while plowing,,even w/ worn out pads and rotors,good pedal feel.
__________________
2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7,300k miles and still truckin
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned byMe now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 03-01-2018, 12:37 PM
gmduramax's Avatar
gmduramax gmduramax is online now
Shits broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 2,900

Default

Got new rotors for the rear. Ac delco the slotted ones. Decided to try out ebc yellow pads. Other than theyre yellow and stick out like a sore thumb, I like them so far. Initial bite is much better than the hawk super duty. Modulation is impressive. When it dries up I’m going to see if I can over heat them.
__________________
2008 GMC duramax crew cab short bed 2500.
10.98@124mph

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 03-02-2018, 05:00 AM
gmc502 gmc502 is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Got new rotors for the rear. Ac delco the slotted ones. Decided to try out ebc yellow pads. Other than theyre yellow and stick out like a sore thumb, I like them so far. Initial bite is much better than the hawk super duty. Modulation is impressive. When it dries up Iím going to see if I can over heat them.
have a p/n for the ebc's?thanks
__________________
2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7,300k miles and still truckin
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned byMe now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 03-02-2018, 09:42 AM
gmduramax's Avatar
gmduramax gmduramax is online now
Shits broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 2,900

Default

Front DP41305R
Rear DP41304R

Finally did a panic stop. The ground was still wet, but as soon as I touched the pedal the ABS was active. Much faster initial bite as it never did that before. I can’t wait till it’s dry to try them.
__________________
2008 GMC duramax crew cab short bed 2500.
10.98@124mph

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1

Last edited by gmduramax; 03-02-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors