Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-21-2018, 05:34 AM
This 1 time, at band camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC_2002_Dmax View Post
Just to clarify, I am not specifically accusing any individual of any wrong doing, I am simply stating that if you look at the TUNE FILE as a propriety file, it would be no different than if a manufacturer of a food product or software product did not take steps to secure/protect their recipe/code.

Theft happens everywhere, but as a matter of policy, I will not utilize a cloud based system, as I lose all control over my intellectual property once I upload it, and enough people in the industry are already known thieves and have been caught with Google Drives full of tune files from the major tuners.

So again, I choose not to be in a position where I have sent files to a cloud and then lost control of them.

In addition to those concerns, I do not tune FORDS, and the Cummins switchable tuning is not true CSP5 or CSP4 or CSP2, its a SOTF type fuel limiting file, which IMHO is not as beneficial as a true custom OS is from EFI-LIVE.

I am not slamming EZ-LYNK, but we get calls daily, and emails daily, people want to switch to my company and tuning and still use their EZ-LYNK............not going to be something I can offer them.

I started in 2005 with EFI-LIVE, and I am still loyal to them and happy with them 13 years later.

Any chance EZlynk changes their policies and allows the tuner to lock the file?
Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 AM
Heavy & Slow

As a consumer, the EZ Lync platform concerns me as well. With EFILive, once the controller is licensed, I can swap tunes all day with no internet. They could even go out of business. But the EZ Lync requires internet. What happens if they go out of business? Can I even restore my stock file? Probably not...

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Old 06-21-2018, 06:08 AM
The Still Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Any chance EZlynk changes their policies and allows the tuner to lock the file?

I highly doubt it, the process in which they link to vehicles and create the correct file for the target vehicle is why the file has to be a true binary and uploaded, it is also why the tune files will only link and self compile if you pay/use the tuncals file.

The Company is actually 3 parts, the hardware is EZ-LYNK, then you have to purchase tokens to link to a vehicle, which is essentially a VIN License more or less, then pay to use their FILES to self Link.

So its quite a bit of $$$$$$ to offer support for a single vehicle, as its got a different structure to get the tune to the consumer.

Again, its not a bash on them, just an explanation to the question asked.

But either way, I do not see myself offering Support thru EZ-Lynk

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB, 4x4
~Powered By "MOONSHINE"

12.525 at 107.07

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4~Powered By "MOONSHINE"
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009...................SOLD 01/2014

Old 06-21-2018, 06:13 AM
Hotrodder

I've looked at it a little also, the tuning platform has to have a internet connection and didn't like that part of it. The ease of working with the tables just is not there either like the EFILive stuff, there is a few calibrations we don't have in EFILive without a CAX file but EFILive also has a lot more available without custom mapping. So is it true that unless your with the innner circle jerk crowd you have less available calibrations I just figured you were on your own adding the tables you need . I still haven't seen the data log portion of it.
04 LB7 ECSB Built motor, Wagler billet narrowed Rods, Callies billet crank, Mahle Race Cast pistons, Randy's Girdle, Wagler/Callies Stage 1 alterfire cam, Exergy 100% SAC's, dual CP3's, Randy's race ported heads, Profab cast flow/up pipes, and S475 over stock twins for now more later.
2010 LMM CCLB-Tuning/Exhaust
2015 LML Cab and chassis- Tuning/Exhaust
Old 06-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Always learning

What is done in the dark will always be brought to the light!
Thanks for the info fellas.
I don’t blame you one bit for staying far away from that powder keg
Can’t stand when I invest time training someone who works for me and teach them all my tricks just to have them go work for a competitor for more $$
SSDD

2005 2500 CC/SB "LLY" LTZ
Typical mods for Longevity
awaiting stuff to go BooM then replace with more go fast parts!

And a few other retired Duramax's
06 360k aka Hog truck
07 320k aka Shop truck
07 340k Flatbed spare welding rig
Old 06-23-2018, 08:23 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
So is it true that unless your with the innner circle jerk crowd you have less available calibrations I just figured you were on your own adding the tables you need . I still haven't seen the data log portion of it.
I've often pondered the same question. It gets annoying as to how many tables we don't have access to. I called a tuner once about buying a base tune and was told it would contain proprietary information. That has always made me wonder if us average folks get shafted from all the tables.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:49 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
Or the steering wheel finally being centered!!!
The steering column is off center for a reason. If hit head on, it won't come straight into your chest. That is why it did better in the crash testing.
2011 GMC 3500 Denali HD, Banks Exhaust From DEF Back, Stock Tune, Pullrite 22K Super Rail 5th Wheel Hitch. Rosen Navigation Radio, Tailgate camera view moved from mirror to Navigation display, Pace Edwards Electric Bedlocker Tonneau Cover, with a 37 gallon Transfer Flow tank with Trax2 under it's canister, Chrome wheel opening moldings, Mirror mod, with forward led marker and turn signals and puddle lights.

45' Dutchman Voltage Toy Hauler with side and rear view cameras to Nav. display, Kodiac Hydraulic disc brakes, Mor Ryde suspension and pin box.

2003 Silverado 2500 HD, Banks Exhaust from turbo back with exhaust brake, Late model mirrors with forward led marker and turn signals and puddle lights, Pullrite 22K Super Fifth hitch with Superails, Brake Smart Controller, Air horn mod, HID's and LED's
Old 06-23-2018, 05:08 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Default L5P Tuning

I donít think you guys realize the amount of tables newer trucks have. To populate, understand and give proper orientation to for every tuner or consumer to use would be extremely costly. If you want all the tables, itís time to start learning hex code and talking to the right people to get you a hex file unless you want to yank them your self. You can then populate tables into efi live but you damn sure need to make sure they are tables you think they are.

Iíve seen the missing tables we donít have in just the 5 speed trans tcm and holy shit, itís more than we need but there are tables we do need now that things have gotten more sophisticated over the years.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4

Last edited by Chevy1925; 06-23-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:44 PM
Beer Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
I donít think you guys realize the amount of tables newer trucks have. To populate, understand and give proper orientation to for every tuner or consumer to use would be extremely costly. If you want all the tables, itís time to start learning hex code and talking to the right people to get you a hex file unless you want to yank them your self. You can then populate tables into efi live but you damn sure need to make sure they are tables you think they are.

Iíve seen the missing tables we donít have in just the 5 speed trans tcm and holy shit, itís more than we need but there are tables we do need now that things have gotten more sophisticated over the years.
I call bullshit...

HUGE Thanks to Chris, Mike L., McRat Racing, Total Performance Diesel, PPE, Trent, Wicked Diesel, Mike, Henry of Creatures of the Night, Exergy Engineering and the rest of Team Salad<--My Tailgate's Always open for all of you!!

11.84 @ 115
Tailgate Crew Member #2
Old 06-23-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
I call bullshit...

ďSecret tablesĒ
James

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 06-24-2018, 09:55 AM
DMax Junkie

You really want to know how "shafted" we are on the tables available you should get into the Bosch standalone tuning! The Bosch Motorsports MS15.1 Standalone is a factory Bosch controller with all the bullshit stripped and removed and it only has the necessary tables needed to make it run correctly and get the job done and it makes what we have look like an old juice with attitude! The fuel pump controls alone in the Bosch has more tables almost than the entire tune file for an lbz in efilive. Wish I was smart when it came to hex but that's not me at all.
06 LBZ "White Lightning" 2wd rclb DP built motor Carillo, 15.25:1 "Finger" Oval Pistons w/reliefs, Socal Titanium upgraded springs on Stock heads w/Socal Billet injector holddowns,ARP, head-main-rocker studs,Soca Billet mains& Dampner, Chromoly pushrds, DP B72mmstg2R1VGT/StainlessDiesel S472/87 1.0SS triples, DHD Cast SuperHighflow intake, Exergy 14mmCP3 & 250%inj,Fass, PPE Race Valve PPE Manifolds, Banks Technicooler, AFE Boost tube, SC GMax6 Goerend "G" Grizzly Locker 3.42 gears, 1198+++hp 2k+ftlbs
Current fastest pass 1.520 60ft 6.705@108.95mph 1/8th 10.242@140.11mph
Current Standing 1/2Mile record holder for Diesel Pickup @ 159.8mph
Made it on fastest DMax list with Single VGT and single cp3 fuel only! 1.589 60ft 6.9291@103mph 1/8th 10.96@127.76mph
Stock motor best 11.277@119mph B68mmStg2R 250%inj 12mmcp3

Wife's tow rig-08 LMM SierraHD SLT2 "Stormy" CCSB murdered out 68mmSTG2R Exergy 12mmcp3 1/8th 7.93@88mph 1/4-12.408@109.18mph
06 GP GXP 5.3L StealthGray Metallic
http://www.danvilleperformance.com
http://www.youtube.com/markbroviakdp
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6K...?feature=watch
Mark@DanvillePerformance.com
Old 06-25-2018, 05:39 PM
Hotrodder

I've heard what we have is pretty the bare minimum sort of speak.

SO is it a situation where smart guys have found more tables, that are useful to them, than what efi live offers? Or is it a situation where the big name guys, who have showed business loyalty, get rewarded with possible extra tables? I can't help but wonder
Old 06-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Shits broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster50iii View Post

SO is it a situation where smart guys have found more tables, that are useful to them, than what efi live offers? Or is it a situation where the big name guys, who have showed business loyalty, get rewarded with possible extra tables? I can't help but wonder
I think itís just people have found the tables they needed. How long were we waiting for TCC apply slip tables. None of the tuners offered that until Efi live added it. Unless they only used it for themselves lol.

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 06-25-2018, 06:24 PM
Hotrodder

Thats pretty cool guys have the patience to go digging for tables that they desire. A guy can see why some of these guys take their tuning very seriously. I can see how it can easily turn into a strong passion. Alot of time and dedication.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
I think itís just people have found the tables they needed. How long were we waiting for TCC apply slip tables. None of the tuners offered that until Efi live added it. Unless they only used it for themselves lol.

Yup and then it was said that the 01 os couldnít have the TCc lock up tables found yet Josh found them and has been working on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster50iii View Post

Itís smart guys that have found them and know how to plug them into an interface like efi live. Kory, josh and a few others started hacking bin files to get the hex and start looking for more tables back when the lmm started getting ghost codes for weird stuff. Then they really got into it when the lml had half the tables needed to run right with aftermarket chargers and what not.
James

Tailgate Crew Member #4