Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 05-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Ca LLY

Default SERVICE AIR BAG message won't turn off

The DIC shows "SERVICE AIR BAG" message. Also has a red warning light on, little red light that looks like a steering wheel with a deployed air bag. I just bought and replaced the impact sensor with a new Doorman sensor (part # 590-204) thinking that would solve the problem. Nothing changed, still have the warning light and the message. Truck is same as my signature. Anyone have any other ideas?
S&B Filter & Intake, AFE Bladerunner mouth piece (extrude honed) Garrett GT4094VA (w/Danville billet compressor wheel, extrude honed compressor housing & exhaust housing, jet hot coated exhaust housing), Banks Technicooler w/ 3" tubes, Wherli Fabrication custom 3" LBZ Y-Bridge, LBZ manifolds, RDL Pro-Flo Log style headers and up-pipes (jet hot coated and wrapped), Diamond Eye Down Pipe (jet hot coated and wrapped), 4" turbo back exhaust, EGR deleted, PCV rerouted
PPE Billet Fuel Pick-up, Airdog I 150 lift pump, Wicked Diesels stage III CP3, PPE race valve, PPE ported rail fittings, Exergy 60% over injectors
So Cal Diesel Stage 1 heads, So Cal #3388 camshaft, Carillo Rods, So Cal .020 over cast pistons, So Cal billet flywheel, ATI Damper, ARP head studs, main studs & flywheel bolts, Merchant H2O pump & Motor Mounts
EFI Live (tuned by Tony @ Ridge Runner Diesel....Moonshine)
677 HP 1032 TQ
Old 05-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Mines been on for a little over two years just haven't messed with it. I was going to replace the sensor Bc that seems to be the common fix. Good luck wish I could help more. -John

Legal Disclaimer: My comments on this board are based on my personal experiences and life lessons. Don't try this at home. Your mileage may vary. Model shown includes options. Past performance does not reflect actual capability or intelligence. I'm off my meds. Don't listen to a thing I say, you've been warned
Old 05-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Ca LLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantArms View Post
Mines been on for a little over two years just haven't messed with it. I was going to replace the sensor Bc that seems to be the common fix. Good luck wish I could help more. -John
Thanks John. I can tell you that replacing the sensor was a piece of cake. Hardest part was disconnecting both batteries. Whole job only took maybe 15-20 minutes. Just wish that was the solution.
S&B Filter & Intake, AFE Bladerunner mouth piece (extrude honed) Garrett GT4094VA (w/Danville billet compressor wheel, extrude honed compressor housing & exhaust housing, jet hot coated exhaust housing), Banks Technicooler w/ 3" tubes, Wherli Fabrication custom 3" LBZ Y-Bridge, LBZ manifolds, RDL Pro-Flo Log style headers and up-pipes (jet hot coated and wrapped), Diamond Eye Down Pipe (jet hot coated and wrapped), 4" turbo back exhaust, EGR deleted, PCV rerouted
PPE Billet Fuel Pick-up, Airdog I 150 lift pump, Wicked Diesels stage III CP3, PPE race valve, PPE ported rail fittings, Exergy 60% over injectors
So Cal Diesel Stage 1 heads, So Cal #3388 camshaft, Carillo Rods, So Cal .020 over cast pistons, So Cal billet flywheel, ATI Damper, ARP head studs, main studs & flywheel bolts, Merchant H2O pump & Motor Mounts
677 HP 1032 TQ
Old 05-10-2016, 09:28 PM
smokinum

Clock spring behind the air bag, very common
Old 05-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Yea I went to local junk yard and got a hand full of them off trucks they had there but we're all wrong year and didn't match up

Legal Disclaimer: My comments on this board are based on my personal experiences and life lessons. Don't try this at home. Your mileage may vary. Model shown includes options. Past performance does not reflect actual capability or intelligence. I'm off my meds. Don't listen to a thing I say, you've been warned
Old 05-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Ca LLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motorsports View Post
Does the spring break or dislodge or fatigue or what happens to it and what is the fix? Is it a dealer only item or can I get one from an auto parts store?
677 HP 1032 TQ

Last edited by doug9940; 05-10-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motorsports View Post

Seems like a good time for me to go ahead and upgrade to a steering wheel with controls

Old 05-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Hotrodder

Be prepared to replace the airbag module too. The impact was recorded and the airbag was deployed. This event will eather need to be cleared (some internet searchs will turn up a few places that will do it) or the module will need to be replaced. I dont recall if the vin needs to be programmed into the new module.

2006 BRM Jetta TDI. Injectors, turbo, Malone custom tuning on ecm and tcm
Old 05-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Ca LLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004LB7 View Post
Be prepared to replace the airbag module too. The impact was recorded and the airbag was deployed. This event will eather need to be cleared (some internet searchs will turn up a few places that will do it) or the module will need to be replaced. I dont recall if the vin needs to be programmed into the new module.
No impact ever occurred. Truck has never been in an accident.
677 HP 1032 TQ
Old 05-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Me either well except a few of those concrete poles infront of the gas station on Friday nights

Old 05-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Hotrodder

Sorry. My bad. Thought i read you replaced the airbag

2006 BRM Jetta TDI. Injectors, turbo, Malone custom tuning on ecm and tcm
Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Fixing it till it breaks

Run by the dealer. Be stubborn and say you don't want any diagnostics, just the air bag code pulled. The few dealers I've been to (and worked at) would do that just to make a customer happy. A code number will help us out greatly. Can be an inflator module, driver or passenger, connector problems, or wiring problems.

'03 Silverado LB7
GT3788/CT6x88mm compounds _ 60's _ duals _ fingers _ 6480af
'77 K-10
52"/56" front/rear leaf springs and rear shackle flip: 8" lift total _ D60/14blt 4:56s _ 40" Swamper IROK's _ 383 w/nitrous _ SM465 _ 208tcase
'97 Cadillac Deville
Morimoto Mini 5000k projector headlight conversion _ 500watts in the trunk _ 20's _ Flowmasters _ Tuned ECM _ Rear mount turbo in the works....
Old 05-11-2016, 08:23 PM
i can't seem to find

Mine has been turning on when it's below 70* or if the truck sat all night for 2 years lol. I just hit the enter button on the steering wheel. Been trying to make my self stop by the dealership and get a code though.

Sent from your girls iPhone.