2011 LML Allison LCT 1000 Swap

Lost0187

Mar 3, 2023
North Ga
Ya I hear you on that all the trucks and suv parts are interchangeable from generation to generation changing the 02 to the 05 was a little more in depth due to differences from 01-02 to 03-05. I ended up buying a complete 05 escalade esv platinum and used just about everything from the interior HVAC, Wiring Harnesses, etc. The wiring I modified the engine bay connectors to link up to 03-04 Duramax Harness I got. Ill upload some pics I custom did the interior in the kona the 2015- current gm vehicles use trucks interior is about 90% finished but its my little brothers and he does not always have time to let me finish it up.

The BCM I did end up flashing to a 03 lb7 for the O/D off (4th lock) selection as well as tow haul. I'm Running a 03 LB7 ECM with a 05 TCM Flashed to my 6 speed calibration.

The LML trans has been doing great just got back from its second trip to Florida didn't miss a beat. The truck as well is doing a lot of city and hwy driving around North Ga with zero issues. Next Thing Ill finish on the truck is the 4wd wiring for the LML transfer case that Is currently in the truck.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
What is your 6 speed calibration based on? The only ones I know of out there are Suncoast (a lightly modified 2005 LLY file and a modified 2003-2005 VB), DuramaxTuner (fairly modified 2005 LLY file with a 2011+ VB), and PCMP (probably the same base file as the Suncoast, you provide the VB).

My blue truck has the DuramaxTuner kit, and it never adapts in properly for the 2-3 shift. After getting the torque tables in the ECM & TCM close to what my motor actually makes, most of the shifts are great, but the 2-3 just won't adapt in like it should.

I run the PCMP tune (for now) on my Suburban and it shifts great, like you describe your setup working. But that is a 2003-2005 VB and you are using the 2011+ VB right? I am really curious what you had to adjust in the calibration to get the newer VB to shift nicely, and if you'd be willing to explain/share some of that?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What is your 6 speed calibration based on? The only ones I know of out there are Suncoast (a lightly modified 2005 LLY file and a modified 2003-2005 VB), DuramaxTuner (fairly modified 2005 LLY file with a 2011+ VB), and PCMP (probably the same base file as the Suncoast, you provide the VB).

My blue truck has the DuramaxTuner kit, and it never adapts in properly for the 2-3 shift. After getting the torque tables in the ECM & TCM close to what my motor actually makes, most of the shifts are great, but the 2-3 just won't adapt in like it should.

I run the PCMP tune (for now) on my Suburban and it shifts great, like you describe your setup working. But that is a 2003-2005 VB and you are using the 2011+ VB right? I am really curious what you had to adjust in the calibration to get the newer VB to shift nicely, and if you'd be willing to explain/share some of that?

You would have a l5p vb with slight mod to work, not a lml.

Lost0187

Mar 3, 2023
North Ga
The calibration I’m running is based off a LLY Custom Operating System but the adjustments are my own proprietary set up to the LML Valve body (10.5- 19). The shifts are crisp and on point all the adapts and learning has worked flawlessly just talked to my little brother about it. To ask if there any more things he would like me to address he said everything is working good and the truck has now made 4 trips to Florida and has been driving around daily. The truck is his so he informs me if anything doesn’t feel right and needs adjustment.

I know we have the main mod solenoid to the transmission blocked off which may also help if you are having issues with your current calibration and the 2-3 shift. That solenoid on the lml VB works a little differently than the previous models. The G solenoid used on the 04-05 trucks and 06-09 is set to dumped pressure at around 2500 to 2800 in the calibration. Blocking it will keep pressure constant and you will not have bleed down.

In my calibration I run 6 speeds in tow-haul as well around 65 to 70 it will shift into 6 in TH for hwy use mostly. Below that speed it stays in 5th for better gearing and pulling around town and fuel milage. Also you can use the OD lockout feature and stick the truck in 4th as your top gear if desired.

The Allison can be finicky and your calibration work needs to match the modifications your truck has and the valve body you are using (01-05), (06-09), or (10.5 to 19). As with any transmission when you calibrate it you want it to be as efficient as possible and suited to the driver and purpose of the truck in this case pulling and making a lot of torque.

It has been fun making the truck more current and what he ultimately wanted. When we did this trans swap the original 02 trans had lasted along time and was also ran as a 6 speed with a lml VB. We need a new one and he was ready to get a 06-09 LCT 1000 due to it being easier to install and not having to change transfer case or other parts. I got in his head and said let try to make a LML LCT1000 & transfer case work. Luckily I was able to find him a steal of a price on a low mile 2011 W/TC from a guy I use for parts. There were a few things we had to address but ultimately we get it all done within a day and working.

As soon as he has some time I’ll finish the wiring on the newer style transfer case and let you guys know how it works out and if I’m gonna use a 03-05 controller or the 07-14 controller set up have both on hand. Will be using the original 03-05 switch for control that mounts in the dash.

Also still need to upload some pics of the interior I did with him it’s a 05 Escalade platinum set up with the front and rear heated cooled seats and heated cooled cup holder pretty cool set up.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I'd love to see some pictures of the interior! I've always dreamed of putting an Escalade interior in mine too, glad someone has actually done it.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk