lbz keyless entry

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
i have done a ton of research and looking to add keyless remote entry to my truck, i bought it used and i had thought the orginal owner just lost the key fob as this truck is equipped with Electronic locks. So i purchased some fobs and i cant get them to sync to the truck. After going onto boost autos website, i seen that they said you need a certain rpo code in the glove box for the remotes to work.... which i do not have. Then digging deeper, it seems like i just need to purchase a pdm ( passenger door module) that has the receiver built into it for the keyless entry to work.

Can anybody confirm my research?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I know what the rpo codes are, I am missing one code. You need 3 of them for this to work. Think I may e have to reprogram the bcm and or change pdm on door. Just be looking for some one who no possibly could of added it

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I continued to search around if anyone had done this, and found someone who did. Granted, its an ancient thread, but shows it can be done.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
i seen that thread the other day, i was wondering about it! i guess ill go ahead and give it a shot

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Man I wish Ben Tyler would get back on this forum. Got some bad news. That was a big no no to try and flash the bcm. I followed what Ben said to do. It locked my bcm it appears, and now the truck run/idles for 10 seconds and then shuts off. No interior lights, no lighting on dash, power windows, no power locks. Lol we're in trouble now..... As the trucks dead at the dealer ship.

So, anybody ever dealt with a bad bcm on a gmt 800 truck?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
i never even swapped the pdm, brought it to dealer, the bcm indeed has the wrong flash in it to make keyless entry work. tried uploading the new bcm flash. it faulted right in between. then all went down hill from there

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I can't imagine how they bricked your truck with a BCM flash to add RKE... When I pull up my 04 in TIS, related to keyless entry, there are two options in the Theft Deterrent Alarm' segment - 15193135 for vehicles without RKE and 15110684 for vehicles with RKE. Unless MAYBE (although this seems unlikely) it borked the anti theft pairing and an anti theft relearn would be needed...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Truck fires up shuts off in 5-10 seconds. Can not even flash with ecm. Security light does not come on after it shuts off by itself. I don't think it is issue either. I don't think it's a security issue either

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Going out on a limb here, I am also certain a stock file was put into my ecm. , only codes present are egr and air intake heater, As I try to reflash my Danville files, now getting a $0101.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
It sounds like somehow the dealer messed up the BCM flash, and now it has a partial program (or no program) loaded.
You'll need to get the BCM flashed properly, or go to the junkyard and get a spare if they bricked yours.

Do you have an aftermarket stereo or alarm? You probably need to unplug those before trying to flash any updates to the BCM.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
got a spare junk yard bcm today. p/n numbers arent the same. but i got my lights,radio, dash lights , windows and eveything else back. truck still fires up and dies after 5 seconds or so. thinking it needs pass lock reset. hopefully try that tomorrow and get it up and running

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
would also like to add that the bcm also was from truck with the same options as mine.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
As far as just running and the bcm, as far as I know, these trucks aren't super fussy. If you take a bcm from a truck of the same or similar year with the same options, VATs is going to be an issue but that is easy to fix, but at that point, that really would be the only issue... Heck, as far as the engine just running, I don't think the vehicle options would really matter. VATs should be about all it would care about unless you have it disabled in the ECM tune. It sounds like there's some chance the dealer flashed your ecm with stock tuning... I don't know what you have done to your truck, but if you have hardware changes that are incompatible with stock tuning and you now have stock tuning in the ECM, that could be an issue.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
They did flash my truck back to stock. my truck had turbo, injectors, piping, trans.... but non of that should matter. a egr code and a grid heater code are not what is shutting the truck down. Its defiantly security related, i grabbed a used bcm with similar options yesterday from the junk yard. Going to hook it back up with tis 2 web and do a pass lock relearn, try to flash the bcm with the stock flash it wants. and get the thing running again, in hopes that i will be able to flash my file into it with efi live again. Cause as of right now, i am getting no data recieved code. I am assuming its not letting me in because the truck thinks its being tampered with and locked its self up. Will report back with the steps i have done and to get it back to normal