p.o.s. hitch

dieseljoe

<<<< ha ha ha
May 7, 2008
moreno valley calif.
i was just looking at my factory p.o.s hitch andnoticed the hole for the pin is ovaled out:WTF2:. i have heard of the hitches bending, but not ovaling the hole out:mad::ripped:. i guess that class 5 hitch from e-z lift is looki'n good about now. i tow a 30' toy hauler and dont think i want it going anywhere that i dont want it to go.

Partridge

Full o' BBQ
May 13, 2008
Long Beach, CA
The stock hitch does suck.

I use a Class V Putnam XDR with a B&W tow n' stow. I tow a dump trailer five days a week for work and haven't had any problems with it. It's a good set up. :thumb:
I find that once and a while, taking out the pins and greasing the hell out of them helps out with metal-on-metal wear.

Attachments

• DSCN0983.jpg
    DSCN0983.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

dieseljoe

<<<< ha ha ha
May 7, 2008
moreno valley calif.
yea, but even metal on metal shouldn't wear it out like that. i have towed my trailer wiyh it maybe 20 times. my other truck has the class 5 e-z lift hitch(289.00 installed) and i used it for 3 years and not even a sign of wear. i also think we should do a poll to see how many hitches are f-ed up. then go in and order them in bulk:D. wonder what kind of deal we could get for 100:eek:

Yfzdragger

May 16, 2008
I can see what my cost on a class 5 hitch is thru work, (work for a trailer lot, everything but inclosed). Maybe it is time to upgrade, but i have never had a problem. you guys using the right pin?

rdean

May 21, 2008
Yeah I read somewhere else ovaling out is a problem. Make sure you use a straight pin. Not one with an angle on the end that is bent to use as a handle. That bent section was supposedly the cause of the ovaling out.

Got my Putnam during a Christmas sale with free shipping. With another 10% off for first time customer. Downside of Putnam is the spare. You will not get anything other than the OEM up there with a Putnam. And if you have an aftermarket diif cover that will even be tight.

Coop

May 8, 2008
Central Ohio
Ovalling out also!

I have towed my camper once on a 60 mile trip to a permanent site. Other than that I have towed two PWC's maybe a total of 1000 miles.

The metal that the pin holes are in must be really soft.

Mike

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
I have towed my camper once on a 60 mile trip to a permanent site. Other than that I have towed two PWC's maybe a total of 1000 miles.

The metal that the pin holes are in must be really soft.

Mike

Yeah I need to look for a new hitch, and soon.