GTX turbos

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I wish I could afford garretts :eek: but at the third of the price, journal bearing turbos are best bang for the buck:thumb:

Yes! Initial cost they are less expensive. But if you have to rebuild that turbo 3-4 times (look at the all B/W failures on this site, sometimes multiple from the same customer) for the life of 1 Garrett Ball bearing charger, Guess who is spending extra money in the long run?;)

On top of that you are getting a turbo that spools better and makes more power than comparable BW chargers and is WAY more reliable... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...:thumb:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
What you talkin bout Ruben? I can't imagine your truck being that much heavier than dans truck. He's running a single and would run circles around you with his 1 turbo:D

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
did garrett get the problem with the comp wheels hitting the covers fixed? i had a 4202x over a gt55 and it ran real hard but in less then 3 months the exducer of the compressor wheel was hitting the cover. couldnt tell or see it until i pulled the charger off. i had heard stories of other people having the same problem and choose it anyways and it happened to me. i still like the chargers and im not talking down about them just didnt know if it was something that had been fixed

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
did garrett get the problem with the comp wheels hitting the covers fixed? i had a 4202x over a gt55 and it ran real hard but in less then 3 months the exducer of the compressor wheel was hitting the cover. couldnt tell or see it until i pulled the charger off. i had heard stories of other people having the same problem and choose it anyways and it happened to me. i still like the chargers and im not talking down about them just didnt know if it was something that had been fixed

You know I read about that on here somewhere. I have never personally experienced this or any of my customers, But I can only speak of the couple hundred we have sold.

I can call Garrett and ask them about if you would like. Which 55 were you using?

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i used the gtx4202 over a gt5533 91mm bb. that turbo locked up got into the housing. so i sold both turbos and went to a billet s475 with a 87 turbine over a journal gt55 94 mm. the first setup drove better but after that bb 55 locked up i decided to play it safe and run journal so they could be rebuilt if need be. doesnt garrett rebuild the bb's now? i thought i read that somewhere

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
I don't take off any weight:thumb: I drive to track and race it with everything including carseat:cool: I weigh 240lbs:eek: no need to tear up my truck..

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I race full weight too at 6600# When you said race weight, I figured like most everyone on this site you meant taking everything out of your truck down to the mcds straw on the floor

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Ive raced full weight too.... toolboxes in bed, nothing taken off. 7500. Even droppin weight i never got under 7000.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
My cc/sb 2wd is not light by any means, It will never be a light truck. It weighs right about 6700 race weight.

Your not too far off Ruben (less then 500lbs). I have a feeling ruben is going to be a bit faster shortly....;)

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Run on run on run on what your budget. As I told you in the other thread the 4088 and 4094 do not come as a gtx turbo. Start your own thread or add to your other not in someone else's. Heck you did not want to go all out on building a Trans but want a set of turbos that will cost more then the Trans. Then need the fuel to feed them and a built motor to hold it.

Call Garrett if you are that interested:rolleyes:

Your thread from your first dead user name is here still so yes we know you have a stock Trans and stock truck yes you have Egr delete and brace still stock 95% of the truck here have a lot more then you. Under you other name you talked about C note would you like to run your truck up against mine for some of those it's just a stock truck.

Also before you think I'm your wife asking a budget it's to give you a starting point on a build. I would know we're to start way before you would any damn day of the week. If I was your wife I would kill my self already I could see that.

I have tried helping you search and gave you hints and pics. I've had members and one of the higher up vendors just tell me to ban you and ip block you it's getting hard to help some one that is hard to help.

For the love of alah.... Why are you sooo goddamn annoying??

Oooooooohhh
The Good Ol Days
:D:rofl: