GTX turbos

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Is anyone running the Garrett GTX turbo's? Are they worth the money? How do they perform?

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I ran a gtx4508 last season. Was a great charger! Spooled really easy and took a beating. I have ran cheaper journal chargers in the past and always had failures. The gtx went a whole season and is now being used in a twin gtx4508/gt5541 arrangement. The only reason I am running the normal gt wheel in my 47 is because the gtx4718 was not availible. Cant say enough about these garrett chargers!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I am interested in the gtx line up as well, been usin the search, still not seeing "exactly" what i am looking for, also, how boot a thread/ poll of straight feed back on chargers? Is there one already? I found the injector poll very helpful :thumb:I saw a post (avatar is dig boost reading 119.5) said he loved his 4202? I think, yea. Why? Has any one set up a twin w a 4088 here? What is the hp potential of a twind 4088 and would a 4202 be a better "over" charger or a 4094? Can you/would it be bennificial to buy a larger charger and "choke" it down so to speak, with ind/exd wheels, so you could build into higher hp levels w/out upgrading chargers. Is it stupid to ask if you could run vvnt's for both chargers. Q'S Q'S Q'S. Thanks for the help.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Run on run on run on what your budget. As I told you in the other thread the 4088 and 4094 do not come as a gtx turbo. Start your own thread or add to your other not in someone else's. Heck you did not want to go all out on building a Trans but want a set of turbos that will cost more then the Trans. Then need the fuel to feed them and a built motor to hold it.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I have run a 42 Magnum (GT4508R with a GT4202R Comp Housing, Internally a 45 but looks like a 42) and I have now run a GTX4508R. The GTX4508R spools better, comes on quicker/stronger and makes about 5-6 PSI more boost. The same turbine housing was used on both turbos.

I am a BIG fan of quality Water cooled/ball bearing chargers as they seems to hold up better and are VERY reliable. As a matter of fact the 42 Magnum was sold off my truck and installed on Dmitri Millard’s original PPE twin turbo kit. The turbo was used by me for about 1-1.5 years and then it was put on Dmitri’s truck for about 3 years and had made numerous dyno pulls in excess of 1500 RWHP, a few 9 sec passes and won Diesel Power Challange (2010). Turbo is stil working good and is going on another project of his. :D

BALL BEARING OR NOTHING!!!!:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Does anyone know if/when the gtx wheels will be available to the rest of the product line?

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
I wish I could afford garretts :eek: but at the third of the price, journal bearing turbos are best bang for the buck:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Run on run on run on what your budget. As I told you in the other thread the 4088 and 4094 do not come as a gtx turbo. Start your own thread or add to your other not in someone else's. Heck you did not want to go all out on building a Trans but want a set of turbos that will cost more then the Trans. Then need the fuel to feed them and a built motor to hold it.

I may be new... but i know what quality is. Dont be worryin bout my budget thanks, my wife does a more than adequate job already. I dont know what you heard, about what i am doing w/ my trans... but guys like the great mike are pullin parts off my build sheet, so? As i postured back to you in the other thread, Garrett's rep @ this years SEMA states on film that Garrett plans to expand the gtx series to almost all the product line? So? Also you keep talkin bout my feul needs. Do you know what i have done? I dont have the big boy mods yet... does that mean all the little stuff soes not matter till you are runnin some stroked fully mod big singlecp3/ dual cp3 and like1000% over sticks? Come on Sir H you may dismount your noble steed, there are no battles to be fought here.:angel:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Ruben, all you need is a single gtx4202 to run 10's! With all that sweet mula your spending on compounds you could buy 1. Haven't you ever experienced the beauty of a big single lighting :woott:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I wish I could afford garretts :eek: but at the third of the price, journal bearing turbos are best bang for the buck:thumb:

Thats the way i feel. I want to buy one turbo and hopefully never have to worry about it again. I have a buddy that is all about the gtx chargers. I was wondering some input from this group of guys. Thank you dan for your input and i will def be thinking hard on a new gtx4202r unless someone thinks there is a better charger for drag racing.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I may be new... but i know what quality is. Dont be worryin bout my budget thanks, my wife does a more than adequate job already. I dont know what you heard, about what i am doing w/ my trans... but guys like the great mike are pullin parts off my build sheet, so? As i postured back to you in the other thread, Garrett's rep @ this years SEMA states on film that Garrett plans to expand the gtx series to almost all the product line? So? Also you keep talkin bout my feul needs. Do you know what i have done? I dont have the big boy mods yet... does that mean all the little stuff soes not matter till you are runnin some stroked fully mod big singlecp3/ dual cp3 and like1000% over sticks? Come on Sir H you may dismount your noble steed, there are no battles to be fought here.:angel:

For the love of alah.... Why are you sooo goddamn annoying??

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
I'm running a gtx4202r as a single. I have daily driven it plenty of times , great turbo , couldn't ask for any better !!

Built motor , duel fuelers , 60's overs , gtx4202r

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo

Your thread from your first dead user name is here still so yes we know you have a stock Trans and stock truck yes you have Egr delete and brace still stock 95% of the truck here have a lot more then you. Under you other name you talked about C note would you like to run your truck up against mine for some of those it's just a stock truck.

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
Ruben, all you need is a single gtx4202 to run 10's! With all that sweet mula your spending on compounds you could buy 1. Haven't you ever experienced the beauty of a big single lighting :woott:

Gonna need more than that gtx4202 for my heavy bitch:thumb: big single lights are overrated:D twins are more fun;) :D

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo

Also before you think I'm your wife asking a budget it's to give you a starting point on a build. I would know we're to start way before you would any damn day of the week. If I was your wife I would kill my self already I could see that.

I have tried helping you search and gave you hints and pics. I've had members and one of the higher up vendors just tell me to ban you and ip block you it's getting hard to help some one that is hard to help.