My New Kenworth

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Well new to my collection of toys and projects.

Its a 1976 W900A With a 335 Cummins, Eaton 10spd reyco suspension and a lot of ugliness.

It needs tons of TLC, but its what you get when you pay salvage price for it.

I have a lot of plans and big dreams but most likely I will stretch it some more, put a 36 or 42" flat-top sleeper on it and then go through and paint everything back up pretty and of course some 7 or 8" really tall mitre cuts. Id like to put low air ride on it as well to put it on the ground. I kinda wanna swap out the motor with something else but I havent decided. i definately wanna put a different trans in it though.

Basically it will be a truck to play with off and on and when its done it will just be a show truck, sunday cruiser and occasional milk and grain hauler.

Heres some pics.

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0581.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Im thinking its gonna be a full resto but it may have a rat rod touch. right now Im thinking of painting it flat black with the frame bright orange and maybe the grille orange, and a few chrome pieces here and there.

Dont know though, got a lot of time to think about the colors though.

Basically the look i am going for is Low and Long.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I really want to chop the top about 4". Ive got a neighbor that does amazing body work on the side. Im going to talk to him and see if he would be interested in helping me mostly with getting the A pillars in-line after the chop. Ive got a friend who is a glass artist that could probably trim the windows down for me.

I think a chopped top with a 14" Drop Bow Tie Visor Painted to match the truck, a 36" sleeper chopped as well with no windows or nothing, everything smooth except for the rivets, and then having the tallest 7 pr 8" Mitre cuts run underframe, with about a 300" wheelbase with nothing on the bar frame but powdercoat, would be a cool look IMO.

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
Neat project, I have it in my head to buy a 1965 road tractor since that was the year I was born. I have been looking around but it will have to be a good deal. ha ha atleast it just isn't a top priority right at this time with the economy.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
We had a 74 when I was kid, man I loved that truck. Your looks to be a pretty straight truck, can't wait to see it after your done.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Super singles or is it staying drw?

Staying DRW.

We had a 74 when I was kid, man I loved that truck. Your looks to be a pretty straight truck, can't wait to see it after your done.

Ya its straight except for a couple cracks in the fender on the pass side. Nothing some fiberglass work cant fix though.

Im still suprised how good the cab looks inside. This truck has been sitting outside in the weeds with the windows down for 4 years.

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
I think it would look pretty sick with the horns relocated and the clearance lights shaved. Nice smooth roof lines. But it's definitely gonna be a badass project!

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
sweet truck im working on getting one myself. w900a 400 big cam cummins 13 speed needs a lil tlc but it will be fun

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
That thing is sweet I've always wanted to do a big truck but dont have the room ATM...gonna be sick when its done man