L5P not available until July

Micheal Tomac

been pulling forever
Aug 12, 2008
MI
Anyone know what the supplier and parts issues are?
Why is the Chassis Cab not affected?
What is the difference between restriction and constraint in GM production?

2017 Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500 Regular Cab - Diesel engine L5P not available until July due to supplier restriction

2017 Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500 Double Cab and Crew Cab Diesel Engine L5P on Crew Cab on constraint until July

2017 Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra 3500HD Chassis Cab - No restrictions

http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-gm.html

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I don't know what the parts are but was told they could only make 10 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's only 120 parts in a year, surely that can't be right. Whatever the hold up is I am sure Ford and Dodge are loving it.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Laura Buick / GMC has over 60 in stock and many more in transit.

They have had them in that quantity for a while.

The money is in loaded Denali's,High Countries, so they will likely restrict the lower and base models for diesel engines.

I know a dealer near me just got 2 in, and Laura has had them for weeks, one dealer near me has none and they are a big dealer.

:thumb:

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I just ordered one last week and they told me 8 weeks. They took my 16 in trade already so I'll be pissed if it takes longer then that.

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
I heard they over estimated 2016 and overbuilt which led to layoffs. now priority has shifted to clearing overstocked inventory.

Micheal Tomac

been pulling forever
Aug 12, 2008
MI
Yea, 2016 Diesels are almost non existant in the Grand Rapids, MI area. There are 2 Chevrolet and 7 GMC's

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
That seems like a ballsie move lol. What are your options when the truck doesn't come in?

I never discussed that. Since our dollar is so low right now the trucks get shipped to the USA and that's the only reason I've had a 15, 16 and now a 17. 4k diff is pretty hard to say no too when the trucks stickers for over 90k plus tax in Canadian dollars. I have a couple other Duramax reg cabs for the farm that I can drive but I don't want to drive one for more then 8 weeks. They have 2500's in stock but I need a 3500.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
just one more reason the LLY is the best of the bunch. :roflmao:

Spell check must have put lly cause lbz has llys beat by a long shot any gm engineer I've talked or even gm training facility teachers I've talked to have all said the same lbz is the best engine gm put out I know I'm gonna catch flack from all the Lly owners but I have to agree lbz was and is the best one out there:thumb:

Michael I've pdi 3 17 l5ps so far all of which were loaded ccsb let me just say the new engine is a whole different animal to me they are laggy but whats to expect when 910 ft lbs is rated at 1600 rpm all I can figure is the shift strategy is tame to save the allison from the low end grunt and they are solenoid injectors no longer piezo and the pump is denso not bosch so to me they are louder than my lbz but to each there own