2017 Duramax

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Yes tuning will fix your dead pedal forsure! Check out the new ezlynk setup. Seems to be very user friendly
I've looked at that a bit. It's pretty impressive. Not sure what I want to do yet, but that is going to be considered. Still trying to figure out all of the parts I'm going to need and what it will cost.

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

EL_B_Zee07

Warranty Voider
Dec 4, 2015
[YOUTUBE]cUTZNoZTq-w[/YOUTUBE]

The "social media coordinator" of the dealership stopped me as I'm walking out the door, keys in hand to drive away. He wanted to do a quick video review, and although part of me wanted to tell him to f*ck off, I stood there in the window like this as he just molested my truck.

In all seriousness, he was using a really nice camera and I thought the footage was worth sharing. I even told him I'd come back and let him do the full review in a couple days so his job security (that he literally asks for help with in the video) is a little safer.

This was maybe a minute before I drove away....Hope you guys enjoy the shots he got and for those who are waiting, I hope you're behind the wheel and enjoying your own L5P as soon as humanly possible.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Have over 1,000 miles on my 2017 now. Pulled trailer for first time (no brakes and pretty light). Noticed that the parking assist automatically turns off with the trailer connected when
i restarted the truck. :( Ate first I thought it picked it up through the trailer connector, but after unplugging that, it did not reactivate. Had to disconnect trailer to get the Parking assist to come back on.
Overall I am really impressed with the way it drives.

EL_B_Zee07

Warranty Voider
Dec 4, 2015
Just some random updates and feedback:

I just hit 500 miles on my odometer and got the "28% DEF" system alert. Just another reminder to check every fluid, lug nut and anything else the dealers can screw up. I live in MA and we just got a good 16-18 inches of snow where I live and I was certainly impressed with the 4wd system compared to my LBZ. The tie rods appear beefier than previous models and the rocker panels are coated with some kind of hard, smooth, yet textured coating. Coming from a 26 to a 36 gallon tank is nice, and I averaged around 21mpg highway and 14-16 in town.

The HID projector headlights are impressive, with a nice neutral color that appears to be between 4300-5000k. The cut off is not extremely drastic like some projectors and the high beams throw as far as you can see but apparently the HDs models aren't worthy of the 1/2 ton LED fog lights, even the Denali. I swapped in a mild set of LEDs for the 5202 halogens that were useless, until I put in something like the Morimoto LED fog housings with the sharp, adjustable cutoff and more flood. I also put 3x800 lumen chip sets in the cargo/3rd brake light to compliment the mirror lights and bed rail LED lighting. Because I opted for the factory sprayed bedliner, the cargo tie downs they provide are useless because they simply spray over the inserts for them.

After test driving an LML, the L5P just feels light on its toes, and throttle response felt great. It dwarfs my leveled LBZ on 305/50r20s side by side and I personally like the drivers view with the more squared off front and hood scoop.

Question for those of you who may have underseat storage for the back seats (which might as well not exist considering they don't have heat/AC vents, radio controls, headphone jacks, or console drop down cup holders in a damn near $70k truck) I didn't get the factory underseat storage and I'm looking at either DU-HA, Husky (looks kind of cheap), or the GM factory version. Also wanted to go with a Weathertech type of mat setup if anyone had recommendations that'd be great!

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I've got WeatherTechs, and really like them for their coverage, but they're very stiff. They are laser fit, so they do fit nice, but I've had some warp a bit, and won't lay down the way they're supposed. Just FYI...

Could you measure the diameter of the fuel filler hose? I need to buy a T kit for an aux fuel tank, and would like to confirm that they're still the same size...
Cabellas store brand floor mats are the best I've found. I've had a few versions, and Cabellas kept the crap in the mat.
How is their coverage compared to WeatherTech?

[email protected]

Jan 8, 2017
I got the weather teach for my 2017 gmc they fit really nice and cover the whole back floor board even under the back seats. This is my first diesel truck what is the best way to break it in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I got the weather teach for my 2017 gmc they fit really nice and cover the whole back floor board even under the back seats. This is my first diesel truck what is the best way to break it in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hook a trailer to it and go WOT!! ;) Seriously, thats the only way I've ever broken in my new trucks!!!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Drive it like you stole it. New oil after a few thousand and then just regular intervals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walleyerod

Aug 22, 2014
I've got WeatherTechs, and really like them for their coverage, but they're very stiff. They are laser fit, so they do fit nice, but I've had some warp a bit, and won't lay down the way they're supposed. Just FYI...

Could you measure the diameter of the fuel filler hose? I need to buy a T kit for an aux fuel tank, and would like to confirm that they're still the same size...

How is their coverage compared to WeatherTech?

Some of the Cabela's floor mats are made by weather tech, and re-branded as Cabela's. Weather Tech are the best! IMO

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I did the gm mats this go around. Weather techs from front from the 15 are in the shed, they destroyed the plastic they were supposed to protect. It was covered in micro scratches and looked grey instead of black. The GM mats feel much better and dont seem to destroy the plastic so I gave them a shot in the front. The back gm mat is 2 pieces and weather tech is 1 piece...

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
I bought a 17 half ton but I bought the gm mats. They redesigned them to basically follow the cab and kind of designed to get any liquid out the door. The drivers side also utilizes the little hold down tabs.