Terre Haute, IN
Looks like a whistle, maybe the OP in this thread could use one...:D

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71670&highlight=whistle

b9a45969aa12841d4dd436216a8aaaf8.jpg
Haha ya

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
cool - I'd take one to add to my 50BMG NRA bottle opener that looks like it. It's always a BBQ favorite :)

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Quick question, what exactly do you do for a living I see your always making random stuff? A machinest? It's just different I suppose to me. Usually a machinest does a specific thing.

Im a machinist in Afghanistan. Pretty much if the supply system says it'll take longer than necessary to get an item I fabricate it. I also oversee welders we demil vehicles feom time to time.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Im a machinist in Afghanistan. Pretty much if the supply system says it'll take longer than necessary to get an item I fabricate it. I also oversee welders we demil vehicles feom time to time.
Intresting. Do you have family? I saw you said your only home one month a year. That would seem like the worst of it unless you were single. Cool job btw!

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Intresting. Do you have family? I saw you said your only home one month a year. That would seem like the worst of it unless you were single. Cool job btw!

Yea got a fiancé and a 16 month old little girl it's tough sometimes but trying to get financially ahead than get a job back home.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Yea got a fiancé and a 16 month old little girl it's tough sometimes but trying to get financially ahead than get a job back home.
Yea I can imagine. I can't hardly be away from my 13 mo for a weekend. It's tough. Idk how bad it is now days for a machinist but it would seem like you wouldn't have any issues finding employment back home.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Yea I can imagine. I can't hardly be away from my 13 mo for a weekend. It's tough. Idk how bad it is now days for a machinist but it would seem like you wouldn't have any issues finding employment back home.

Yea there's work back home most jobs want me to move a hour or so from where I'm at. But I have a small business I started a few years back that I'm stashing funds away for to help get it running. I enjoy gun smithing and making suppressors so I started a shop up and got a phone call a few months after I opened it to come over here and couldn't pass it up.

Ready to get home and start get those wheels turning again tho for sure.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
That's crazy. Hopefully it takes off. Starting a company takes a big risk. Never know until you try.

One of my fathers friends (Tom Havercamp) makes parts for Remington. Specializes in a few different parts of theirs. (Can't remember which) Has a machine shop here in Terre Haute.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Didnt get a chance to get to customs today but i did speak with the ADA buddy of mine he said hes pretty sure you can mail them but only 3 at a time and hes not sure if i have to have them signed off or not if i do id pretty much only be allowed to get three out period if not id be doing batches of three here there

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
It's three per package and I'm trying to see if it's per person that's it or if I can do three come back a day or so later and Mail three more. Just waiting on the customs guys to let me know