xd 45

o4dirtymax

Dec 17, 2012
CA
I've been trying to get a glock 17 or glock 19 for a while now and here in California they seem to be so damn hard to find. I've gone to a few different gun stores, and my usual store said that glock has 400,000 guns on back order, and that they get a couple in randomly but they dont even make it to the display case before someone buys them.

So yesterday I went to buy some more shotgun shells and a springfield XD 45 with a stainless slide caught my eye. Sweet looking gun, so I went back and bought it today. $729, came out to $830 out the door.

Anyone have an xd? thoughts about them vs. the glock?

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I have the 40 and love it. and so far anyone I let shoot it likes it. its a little big in the grip area for the gf. but she likes to shoot it occasionally

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have had my XDM .45 for about a year now and enjoy it. I have only put a few hundred rounds through it but no issues so far.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I had a XD .40 and carried it for over a year. I loved the gun and was accurate as hell and durable. The only thing I didn't like was the xd was pretty bulky and heavy especially loaded. If your going to carry it defiantly go with the XDS compact, an inch wide and a 3.3 inch barrel it's pretty sweet. And to think I was going to buy the XDM. Glad I didn't it would've been really heavy. It's too bad I got rid of mine for my new duck gun. Ended up selling my xd for 300 and only put a few clips through it. :(

My ol lady carries a glock 27 .40 and its really light and compact but I am just not a fan of how cheap the parts inside are. A lot of plastic. But she likes it.

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I bought an xds a few weeks ago and have only put 100rnds through it and I am already thinking of selling my 9mm milinium pro to get an xdm 40 . I love this thing .

o4dirtymax

Dec 17, 2012
CA
sweet, sounds like overall good reviews of the XD's. Ive shot a few 45's and a 40 and have had no complaints about them. Definitely lighter and more comfortable then some of the others. I'll have it in 9 more days but think I may have finally chosen the right tool for the job.

If you want a Glock they are in CT, I just walked in a gun store a few weeks ago and bought a 26 and 27 right out of the case.

If you want a Glock I can probably find one for you and that FFL can ship to your FFL.

Lemme know

Thanks a lot for the offer, I may have to take you up on it in the next few weeks. What are glock 17's and 19's going for out of the case in CT?

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Personally, I'll always be a 1911 shooter. I love my Kimber, but I've shot a few different pistols. my favorites are the 1911, a SigSauer P220 SAO, and a port comp'd XDM. I just can't stand how clunky and unbalanced Glocks are in general. Besides they're not really safe. I actually had a friend ND his block in my garage and almost shoot me. I was originally going to polish up the fire controls and the feed ramp for him but that didn't wind up working out. The sucker shot my fridge! Never take firearms safety for granted guys.

gspman

Apr 17, 2013
my xd45 makes me smile, its fun to shoot and accurate as well. Slide pull is a bit much for the wife, I plan on getting her the xd 9 soon