wtf!

Barlow

Barlow
Apr 19, 2009
Mississippi
I put a ppe programmer on my 2001 lb7 about a week ago. Got it set on level 2 (90hp) Been running great but yesterday after starting her up she went dead while idling. so i turned it over two or three times but she would not fire. I checked fro fuel leaks... all looked good. So i pushed the prime button on top of filter a few times and fuel started flowing again and she fired up and been running fine. Does this mean its time to change filter?

DmaxHawk

Ranch with my Salad
Oct 28, 2008
the 575
i notice that this happends to me when im runing pretty low on fuel dont know why tho!

Happened to me too running pretty low, right after doing a U-turn. I'm guessing that the fuel sloshed to one side of the tank and the line picked up some air

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
i put a ppe programmer on my 2001 lb7 about a week ago. Got it set on level 2 (90hp) been running great but yesterday after starting her up she went dead while idling. So i turned it over two or three times but she would not fire. I checked fro fuel leaks... All looked good. So i pushed the prime button on top of filter a few times and fuel started flowing again and she fired up and been running fine. Does this mean its time to change filter?
this means that the fuel filter head lost prime

dr.p/02cc

apprentice deisel rodder
Oct 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
This sounds identical to what happened to me this past weekend. I started my 02 and it idled for a couple seconds then stalled. I cranked it over a couple times and no fire. Doesn't seem to have any fuel leaks. defiantly no drips on the driveway anyway. After i tried a few things I reprimed it and it started right up and hasn't had an issue again. My dealer said the fuel pressure regulator was starting to go in the fall and I'm wondering if that is the cause of me loosing pressure?