wiring issue? 4wd issue?

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
okay so to start off i have a 2006 LBZ. i just recently did a ZF6 swap in the truck, and had rob send me new tunes for the swap. Everything worked flawlessly 4wd all electronics minus cruise worked great. I put about 1600 miles on that setup then installed twins. Again got new tunes for that setup and everything was great. Put about 500 miles on problem free. Out of nowhere the cig lighter fuse blew and every time i put a new fuse in it popped immediate untill i unhooked the batterys. Now everytime i get in the truck service 4wd comes up and i cant get the truck into 4wheel with out going through 3 or 4 fuses and unhooking the batterys. Also everytime i push on the clutch pedal all the 4wheel lights flash and it cuts power to my obd2. have since removed cig lighter and problem is still there. The clutch pedal assembly is free and clear of all wires under the dash too. I cant figure it out for the life of me. any suggestions at all? Any one else running and electric t case with a ZF6?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Check all your wiring, then double check it.. Shouldn't be popping fuses constantly.

Might solve your problems once you find the bad wire.

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
If I don't try to use 4wd the fuse will last quite awhile . I'll keep checking the wires though

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Keep us posted. Check the wiring around the t case also.

The cig fuse is the problem? Or another fuse?

And only when you put it in 4x4 and clutch it?

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Yes it's the cig fuse that keeps blowing, and the fuse will only blow when I actually try to put it in 4wheel. But everytime I push the clutch pedal in the lights for 2wd 4hi and 4lo all flash. I will try to figure out how to post a video of it on here

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Couldn't upload a video but everytime the clutch is depressed 4x4 buttons light up line this and I loose all power to my obd 2. It's only for a second though then everything returns to normal until clutch is pushed again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 16

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Where did you steal power for your clutch safety switch?

How did you wire it?

Start the truck and un plug the safety switch and drive it. See if it changes anything, should tell you if it's switch related.

Just a thought.

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
I'm pullin the dash apart again tomorrow hopefully to double check all wires inside the cab are okay

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
There has to be a wire pinched somewhere from Installing the pedal assy..

Dumb question but have you checked under the fuse box for bare wires?

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Yes the fuse box was the first thing I took apart actually everything seemed perfect. I hate tracing wires haha

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yes the fuse box was the first thing I took apart actually everything seemed perfect. I hate tracing wires haha

I'm with ya there.. Going to have fun tracking the problem I've got on the lbz..

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Well leaning towards bad transfer case control module. Anyone ever have one go bad?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
You ever hook up your cab to engine ground and see if it changed anything?