wierd tuning problems

jason86

Marv
Dec 30, 2008
Sacramento, CA
i took off my buddies six-gun off his 02' lb7 and loaded neens econ tune, same op system, and the truck thinks its -40 deg coolant all the time, and the scans say the same thing, it revs at startup and idles rough. of coarse it runs like crap because all the tables that follow coolant temp. i even loaded the stock tune into the truck with the banks unhooked and it still read -40 on the scan and on the guage and ran like crap. what could be the problem guys. as soon as i hook up the banks the truck runs great. i feel bad because he paid $100 for a license and i cant for the life of me get it to work. and this is not the first truck i have tuned.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
Have you tried putting your tune in the truck with the banks still hooked up? My friend had problems after he ran the banks and took it off like it left a ghost in the truck.

jason86

Marv
Dec 30, 2008
Sacramento, CA
no i didnt try that because he wants to sell the banks and pda. the wierd thing is that with the banks hooked up everything works great but when you unhook it with nothing but the stock tune in it starts acting up reading -40 degrees on the log and guage has no reading.

how did you friend remedy the ghost on his ecm? and why does the banks do this?

jason86

Marv
Dec 30, 2008
Sacramento, CA
no copy, paste, or scripts run on the tune. stock right out of the truck. i even tried running a stock 02' tune from dp, and it acted the same way.

what is your email?

jason

jason86

Marv
Dec 30, 2008
Sacramento, CA
wierd thing is that when i first loaded a tune the banks was still hookd up and everything worked good. i had the power tune loaded that ran good, left it in and then unplugged the banks and the truck imdeatley acted up on the first start and then ran perfct after hooking it back up

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
wierd thing is that when i first loaded a tune the banks was still hookd up and everything worked good. i had the power tune loaded that ran good, left it in and then unplugged the banks and the truck imdeatley acted up on the first start and then ran perfct after hooking it back up

Check the bale connectors maybe a pin is pushed in or bent?