White smoke won't start

Nightlb7

Aug 12, 2013
Maryland
A guy I know picked up a non running lb7 the story to it is the was going down the road went to get off a exit it dumped white smoke then died, did a compression check all checked right at 400, no air in fuel, it's reading rpm when cranking, it's getting 46 MPA "6671 psi" and has white smoke from exhaust, from my understanding its supposed to be around 2000 psi am I right? I'm think fpr is stuck. Any input is welcomed.. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
that much pressure woun't make the engine not start. check the reluctor wheel and see if it has come loose behind the cam sensor. take it out and feel the gear and see if its loose.

Nightlb7

Aug 12, 2013
Maryland
I'm reading 150ish RPM when cranking through the scan tool, would I see rpm with it slipping?? And the batteries are getting a lil tired when I took this reading, also note if I crank it for a extended period of time it almost sounds like it wants to fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
well that's what I would check it may still be spinning but the signal may not be jiving with the crank signal cause a timing mismatch. hope this helps. not that har to check the reluctor.