Which Turbocharger is right for me?

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Was just looking into the turbos here and was wondering about the GT4094?? I do use the truck for daily driving and some towing, i also take it to the track. Been trying to read up as much as i can. How will this turbo do?? Or would i have to go with something smaller? :confused:

should work fine, you could also twin your stock turbo.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
would it be more to twin the truck?? i'm not looking for crazy horsepower promably just 650 to 700. :D

If your wanting 650 to 700 rwhp your going to need more supporting mods onvtge future. Best bet is to twin the Lbz trucks we seem to crack pistons faster running single turbos over twin setups. But still over time it will not live also you will need a strong trans behind it.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
would it be more to twin the truck?? i'm not looking for crazy horsepower promably just 650 to 700. :D
it will be most but shouldnt be to much.
If your wanting 650 to 700 rwhp your going to need more supporting mods onvtge future. Best bet is to twin the Lbz trucks we seem to crack pistons faster running single turbos over twin setups. But still over time it will not live also you will need a strong trans behind it.
x2 on the trans.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
oh ya im definately doing the tranny. this winter its getting a PPE stage v. then the upgrades are coming.:thumb:

Not sure how close you are to MPL Motorsports but Ted has been known to build a damn good transmission :D

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
How well does the S366 charger do with towing? I'm looking into a turbo down the road, just trying to get all the ducks in a row. I pull a 3k trailer empty. The heaviest it would ever be is with a skidsteer on. So i'd be pulling around 10-13k. I also want a decent turbo for pulling a sled, and maybe drag racing. I want to keep around 525 flywheel horse for now. I know a trans is a must for those numbers. Thanks for the help!!

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
how much can you push out of the stock turbo?? I went to the lately and my buddy and i are kind of in a horsepower race :D so now i'm looking to kind of push the limits. So now i'm wondering how much till the engine is going to fail?? 800 ok??

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
How well does the S366 charger do with towing? I'm looking into a turbo down the road, just trying to get all the ducks in a row. I pull a 3k trailer empty. The heaviest it would ever be is with a skidsteer on. So i'd be pulling around 10-13k. I also want a decent turbo for pulling a sled, and maybe drag racing. I want to keep around 525 flywheel horse for now. I know a trans is a must for those numbers. Thanks for the help!!

S366 or HTT66 is are good turbos and DD and tow good. but at the hp your looking at staying at you can do that with your stock turbo.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
how much can you push out of the stock turbo?? I went to the lately and my buddy and i are kind of in a horsepower race :D so now i'm looking to kind of push the limits. So now i'm wondering how much till the engine is going to fail?? 800 ok??

Once you start this race it will not end well. Stock LBZ with a single cp3 and stock injectors I think I saw 550 area rwhp but that was on a tune for nos and made around 580 with a little shot. You will crack a piston in the LBZ fast before you even know it. Mine lived under some hard use for 30.500 miles your not going to see 800 rwhp out of it and live. Get the credit cards or check book out and ready to pull the motor.The ride gets bumpy after that .

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
lmao ok was just checking. I know i have to pull the motor out eventually, was just checking to see how long i could push it until i had to. :thumb:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
lmao ok was just checking. I know i have to pull the motor out eventually, was just checking to see how long i could push it until i had to. :thumb:

If saw some of the crap I put mine thru it should of never made it to 30k lol. The GT4094R and the bottle one to many time is what got to get I think. I had well over 100 1/4 mile passes on it and alot of street racing and a few dyno pulls. I think you could make one live longer and to a higher hp with twins on a stock motor.

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
sweet deal. Ya i dont want to put spray on it. Want to twin it when i get the tranny done. Quick question.....when do i need dual CP3's??

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
sweet deal. Ya i dont want to put spray on it. Want to twin it when i get the tranny done. Quick question.....when do i need dual CP3's??

When you have the money for the motor rebuild laying around or have a spare motor.The LBZ likes cracking pistons so dual cp3s are the last thing you want to look into.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Would the 4088 be to much for stock bottom end lb7?

no, and it is a decent turbo to use as a small turbo in a twin application in the future. If you are wanting a 4088, call Henry for the best price. (ripmf666)

That or we could put you into a HTT66 setup that would run real nice on your truck.The kit has everything in it for you to install downpipe pedistal and drail lines and supply.With the 4088 it could run just as much and not be gated and have a smaller downpipe and not work aswell as the HTT66.
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25955

03Dmax90

Apr 28, 2010
Someone should update this list with the new turbo's on the mark along with info on whats best for the application..pros/cons and such.