Which diesel additive is best?

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I have to admit im not very good when it comes to remembering to put additive in my fuel (probably 1 of every 10 tanks) and i always us power service diesel kleen but im looking for any info on anything that might be better to prolong injector life that i can stock up on and start using every tank. Thanks

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
#1 Bio Diesel B1, B5, etc
#2 Opti-Lube XPD
#3 FPPF fuel treatment

personally i run 2oz of 2 stroke TCW-3 and 1oz of opti-lube summer treatment at the moment. i'm happy with the cocktail.

google the kennedy diesel cocktail as well. they all do basically the same thing. some are a little better

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I run 1oz of Super Tech 2 stroke oil per gallon of fuel per fuel up.

I've been doing the same thing for around 1.5years. 1oz per gallon every fill up.

I put about 35000-40000 miles a year on my truck now so I had to do some to combat the crappy diesel.

sent telepathically via rooted ThunderBOLT

PANCHORFO

Aug 23, 2009
I use Power Service additive on my 6.5 diesel, I think it's great, even the sound of the engine changes

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I usually use standyne. i'm currently testing conklins diesel plus additive. it seems to be working just as well as standyne and may be cheaper.

bighawg

Proud American Infidel
May 12, 2008
Carnesville, Georgia
Monster Diesel what else?
  • Increases Power by 10%
  • Increases MPG up to 15%
  • Restores lubricity lost in ULSD
  • ANIT-GEL lowers the CFPP to -20ºC
  • Reduces engine wear by 40%
  • Boosts the cetane number by six numbers, which is a 12% increase
  • Reduces emissions by 23%
  • Reduces raw hydro carbons by 10.2%, making your diesel "greener"
  • Decreases soot by 38%
  • Provides corrosion control in the fuel system, improving storage stability
  • Keeps injectors, lines, and tanks clean
  • Cost effective solution to address each of the challenges common to diesel powered engines
  • One quart of Monster Diesel<sup>TM</sup> contains the energy equivalent of 25 gallons of diesel fuel
  • Made from U.S. sourced materials
:roflmao::rofl::roflmao::rofl::roflmao::woott::woott:

08 Black Max

Apr 26, 2010
Richmond, VA. - USA
I use Diesel Kleen in the grey bottle year round as it does not get really too cold for me to worry about gel in the winter if you live where it gets really cold use the white bottle in the cold weather.
I try to use it all the time except when traveling do not have room to carry bottle as they leak once they are open.
Diesel Kleen is not the best or the worst on the market but for me it is the easiest for me to get, at Walmart and or Tractor Supply depending where I am at time I need more.
I think GM recommends Standyene but am not sure; been a long time since I did my "homework."
Everybody will have their favorite stuff to add.
You will have to do your homework and figure it out for yourself.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I order mine online from the most inexpensive place I can find usually. no favorites here. price depends on how much and what packaging you get. price per volume gets cheaper as you go up.