LB7: where to buy honed injectors

6speedduramax

Is Here to Learn!!
Mar 5, 2008
Morgantown, WV
Im beginning to look for a set of 30%-40% over injectors. Looking for suggestions of where to buy from, and what kinda price I should expect.

Thanks,

Gus

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Extrude honed.
Ive heard they do the best work
And they are cheaper than most people

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Guy Tripp at SoCalDiesel is doing ours. They are balanced and spec'd to whatever flow you're looking for.

Ive also heard that Guy Tripp does some of the best work. And if you run them they have to be pretty good. I dont really know that much but i figured id throw in what ive heard

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I just got finished talking with Guy about this very subject... Man that Dude is smart and has alot of info/knowledge.

He is running them in his truck as well, so may be able offer some guidance on tuning his product with EFI, always a bonus.:D

Cost? No clue, been a year since i purchased.

Last edited:

6speedduramax

Is Here to Learn!!
Mar 5, 2008
Morgantown, WV
I was looking at extrudehoned.com also cause the price seems really good. Only thing keeping me from going with them is that you have to send a set in then the hone them and return them. So if your like me and don't have an extra set of injectors your looking at a little down time. Which is unacceptable when this is your daily driver:(

mde

fuel injection is my life
Mar 17, 2007
Bucky State
Looks like I'm back in business with nozzles ... I do the extrude ones also ...

We will do the announcement pretty soon ... but we called "Atomized Engineering"

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
My injectors where done by Jim Bower at Extrudehone. I am very pleased.

They are in Iwrin, Pa not very far from you 6speedduramax. Turn around should be very quick.

Last edited:

6speedduramax

Is Here to Learn!!
Mar 5, 2008
Morgantown, WV
My injectors where done by Jim Bower at Extrudehone. I am very pleased.

They are in Iwrin, Pa not very far from you 6speedduramax. Turn around should be very quick.

Wow didn't realize they were that close to me.. but still by the time they would ship both ways and the time for them to hone them it would be a week. And I can't be without my truck for a week. My only transportation other then the vet and it doesn't like the snow very well:rofl:

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
Extrude Hine done mine and I have had great luck out of them. They will also be doing my other set for the new engine build. As far as down time, on the first set I paid an extra $30 and had them done same day turn around. Took 3 days total, 1 day to get there, 1 day there and 1 day back to me. Jim Bower does a great job. I highly recommend them.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Extrude Hone and Proformance Injection are a good combo. Extrude nozzles by themself are not balanced. They have to be setup with the bodies in a balanced combo.

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
The problem with any common rail injector modification is verifying the results afterward.

Most companies don't have the equipment to properly test the "entire" injector assembly after the mods. Some claim to have the right equipment, but in reality just have an old bench that was converted to run at a higher pressure and doesn't really cycle the injector properly or run all the tests correctly.

Some just flow test the tips at 200, 400, 2000 psi just like they do any other non-commonrail injector. What good does that do when our trucks idle at 4-5000 psi, let alone the pressure at WOT?

In the last two years I have traced lots of engine problems back to modified and unbalanced injectors.

Bottom line, when modifying injectors, be sure they are being flow tested and balanced under real world conditions.