Where to buy classic interior parts?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Starting to find lots of body parts are going extinct from gm for the classics. Can’t get most of the seat parts, lots of trim no longer available.

So where does a guy buy these from now? I need a drivers A pillar trim with Bose tweeter, seat cover soon, and a hood insulation pad.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Seat covers are available from various sellers is it cloth or leather?

What color is your interior? Sometimes the Junk yard or possibly Ebay for the pillars.

Hood insulation pad. Not sure if any one makes a replacement, So If dealer can not get it, then best of luck. They don't ship well. The OEM ones came in a big box to protect them.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Man, thats harsh. My local picknpull has very reasonable prices. Headlight switch would be maybe $5-10.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
It really runs the spectrum around my area. One yard wanted to charge me $200 for two ECMs, after charging me $10 for a TCM the week before, right up the road from them, literally, they charge $25 for ECMs. On the other side of the river, you hav the yard that wanted to charge me $30 for the headlight switch, but I got the airbag computer with connectors for $25 . And down the road from them, I can get ECMs for $20, and if I am looking to grab a few connectors, if the right guy is at the booth, he's typically like get outa here .

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Starting to find lots of body parts are going extinct from gm for the classics. Can’t get most of the seat parts, lots of trim no longer available.

So where does a guy buy these from now? I need a drivers A pillar trim with Bose tweeter, seat cover soon, and a hood insulation pad.
Here is a place I've seen others buy from with good results for seat covers.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Sort of lol. The gmt800's in my local boneyards are totally stripped of anything I've looked for, probably five minutes after they landed... And one wanted to charge me $30 for a headlight switch!!! I can buy a new one for that!
Same Problem here In Comeyfornia since LKQ/Pick Your Part bought out Ecology and some other small yards. They also raised the prices on the pull it yourself stuff as well as changed the rules On what and how we can purchase things. Such as you can purchase a cylinder head separately but if someone removes a cylinder head from an engine and the engine is not complete, they don't care. They will only sale it to you a complete engine price. They also try and shove the optional warranty down your throat.

Corporate will no longer take calls or communicate with anyone from the outside regarding any issues. Even the managers that we have spoken too at a few of the yards state they are losing money with the new changes in policy and pricing. Some of them have been kind enough to let us ask for them Specifically if there is something we want like an engine that is not complete and they will reduce the price accordingly to make the sale. but that is only at a few of the yards and they have to be working that day.

I have thrown good parts in the trash can at their yards when they want to charge too much.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Same Problem here In Comeyfornia since LKQ/Pick Your Part bought out Ecology and some other small yards. They also raised the prices on the pull it yourself stuff as well as changed the rules On what and how we can purchase things. Such as you can purchase a cylinder head separately but if someone removes a cylinder head from an engine and the engine is not complete, they don't care. They will only sale it to you a complete engine price. They also try and shove the optional warranty down your throat.

Corporate will no longer take calls or communicate with anyone from the outside regarding any issues. Even the managers that we have spoken too at a few of the yards state they are losing money with the new changes in policy and pricing. Some of them have been kind enough to let us ask for them Specifically if there is something we want like an engine that is not complete and they will reduce the price accordingly to make the sale. but that is only at a few of the yards and they have to be working that day.

I have thrown good parts in the trash can at their yards when they want to charge too much.
Wow...... That's just... wow... such a waste.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Yeah.... I have only purchased a few "must have" things since the changes were made.
Well, it's like the last time, after getting the TCM for $10, they wanted to charge me $200 for two ECMs... I was like yeah, NOPE, definitely don't need them that bad... they probably got tossed in a scrap bin for 50 cents each since they didn't know what they came off of... yet had they charged the $25 each from up the street, I would have worked with that... On the bright side, I got some exercise for the $2 entry fee lol.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Well, it's like the last time, after getting the TCM for $10, they wanted to charge me $200 for two ECMs... I was like yeah, NOPE, definitely don't need them that bad... they probably got tossed in a scrap bin for 50 cents each since they didn't know what they came off of... yet had they charged the $25 each from up the street, I would have worked with that...
I used to pay about $50 But I still considered that reasonable here. It went up to $100 plus core and garbage... Nope! I'm out. I can get them online preprogrammed and I know they should be good or they will swap it out. At the pull it your self, They will refund or exchange but I have to do all the work...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
One thing I noticed is the dark charcoal colored parts (like Apillars and other plastic trim) is a slightly different shade on the 99-02 vs 03-07 trucks.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Seat covers are available from various sellers is it cloth or leather?

What color is your interior? Sometimes the Junk yard or possibly Ebay for the pillars.

Hood insulation pad. Not sure if any one makes a replacement, So If dealer can not get it, then best of luck. They don't ship well. The OEM ones came in a big box to protect them.
Not many junkyards around me with stuff I need. There’s a few folks anywhere from 4-9 hrs drive one way that have stuff but nobody is willing to ship. I need to run my code through that thread that’s here somewhere to see what my color is actually called.

It’s leather interior. And I’m going to buy a cushion as mines a bit clapped before they go extinct too.

Guess I just need to make an overnight drive somewhere and try to hit some of these dudes up.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Not many junkyards around me with stuff I need. There’s a few folks anywhere from 4-9 hrs drive one way that have stuff but nobody is willing to ship. I need to run my code through that thread that’s here somewhere to see what my color is actually called.

It’s leather interior. And I’m going to buy a cushion as mines a bit clapped before they go extinct too.

Guess I just need to make an overnight drive somewhere and try to hit some of these dudes up.
3 digit code at the bottom of the RPO sticker on the glove box.

Like 69D