Where to buy a Tech II

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
This is what it shows on my version of software.
2005 LLY

got some time to check, mine wont even get that far, maybe this version of the software doesn't allow it?

once i get to the screenw here you connect everything, turn the vehicle on and click "next" the little green dotin the lower right turns red,and i get the

"E665: The communication could not be established with the diagnostic tool! Please ensure proper connection!"

:banging: not sure what the deal is, but I am going to suck it up and go to the dealership

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
got some time to check, mine wont even get that far, maybe this version of the software doesn't allow it?

once i get to the screenw here you connect everything, turn the vehicle on and click "next" the little green dotin the lower right turns red,and i get the

"E665: The communication could not be established with the diagnostic tool! Please ensure proper connection!"

:banging: not sure what the deal is, but I am going to suck it up and go to the dealership

Sorry to hear that. wish I knew more about what's happening in the background. I need to clone the working drive I have.

Come someone tell me which one will reset tire pressure alert levels in the L5p's?

An L5P will likely need either the OEM Scan tool or perhaps a newer Snap on scan tool with the latest update.

I believe GM is using GDI 2 with an MDI 2 now on all the new stuff. Its subscription based scan tool now and not cheap for the Home user. It also Times out. I am not aware of any hacks yet for that stuff. It has to connect to Home base in order to be used. The MDI 2 is not a cheap interface either. I think around $1500 for a legit one. Supposedly you can use the Mongoose Pro Gm cable which is almost $500 but you still need to buy the software through GM and pay for the subscription.