LBZ: What's Leaking?

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
The leak isn't really wet so i would say it's weeping more than leaking but don't know from where or why?

Behind the Alternator

duramax1.jpg

Behind Intake

duramax2.jpg

I'm just wondering what would possibly be causing this. EGR cooler? Only said this because my anti-freeze is slightly low.

:confused:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
The EGR flange is leaking. Do what I did and save yourself all kinds of disgust, delete the EGR completely and cut out 1/4" plates to block those ports off!

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Youl'll have to run a straight coolant hose from the heater to the thermostat aswell. Its internally leaking coolant in the cooler. Rid the egr, or just block it off on the exhaust and intake side. You won't believe the soot build up in your intake either from the egr and pvc combo, it will be pretty bad.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
So if i delete the EGR, do i need to take the fingerstick out? I have a friend who is gonna tune my truck with EFI so i'll get him to turn off any codes from the EGR delete.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Ok but leaving it in won't hurt anything? Also how bad of a job is it to delete the EGR? Is the grid heater neccessary? Winter here is cold, usually -20 C to -30 C and even colder some days so that makes me think i should keep the heater.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Ok but leaving it in won't hurt anything? Also how bad of a job is it to delete the EGR? Is the grid heater neccessary? Winter here is cold, usually -20 C to -30 C and even colder some days so that makes me think i should keep the heater.

You can leave the gridheater in if you want. It has nothing to do with the egr. I took mine out, don't think it will help anything though, but it is a restriction.. If you take it out you can leave it hooked up powerwise and just remove the grid itself. Maybe leave it in for that temp bit it doesn't hurt to try without it. Not hard to get to it. Sure you can leave the fingstick in, but it just looks nicer without it to keep things tidey. Not bad to delete the egr either. But of you do it, I would get an lb7 uppipe instead of using a cap on the exhaust. Those engines didn't have egr so the exhaust upipe doesn't have a y in it. You'd want a new boost tube also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Does the other forum start with AG or COMBINE? I'm actually wondering now what the price is on a new EGR cooler. I don't want to replace it, but I would like to know what the price is compared to the delete kit.

gmguy

Jun 16, 2011
Nebraska
Does the other forum start with AG or COMBINE? I'm actually wondering now what the price is on a new EGR cooler. I don't want to replace it, but I would like to know what the price is compared to the delete kit.

The combine forum. It was on the tip of my tongue

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007

I have mine if you need it.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Thanks Josh but i think i'm gonna delete the EGR. It's way cheaper to get a delete kit with a new up pipe than to buy a new cooler. How hard is it to change out the up pipe? LB7 or modified up pipe? How many hours to do this job?