What triggers the drivers door? Having trouble with my stereo staying on.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
There is something going on with my door latch/bcm. I don't know what it is but my radio doesn't go off and now my amp step is staying out. Trying to get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Probably a bad switch in the door latch. Mine does it on occasion too. If my radio stays on, usually opening and closing the door will shut it off.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Yah but were is the swich? Seems to be non existent maybe a magnetic proximity swich??? That is the trouble can't seem to find a swich. I believe the OP is having the same head scratcher.:confused:

disposablehero

used soldier
Mar 29, 2014
I've sprayed some lithium grease in mine and it seemed to help for a while. But my rear passenger door has never worked since I got the truck. No lights or anything.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
So the latch with the 3 torx? I was told has something to do with the lock also?

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Haha, yeah there are no more external switches and yes it is the latch in the door with the 3 torx screws. There is also a actuator in it for the power locks.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Could be the latch or the wires in the hinge area under that black rubber accordion cover,the wires can crack from constant bending and connect occasionally or not at all.have seen this quite a few times and it is the last spot you would expect to find a prob.hope you get it fixed.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Could be the latch or the wires in the hinge area under that black rubber accordion cover,the wires can crack from constant bending and connect occasionally or not at all.have seen this quite a few times and it is the last spot you would expect to find a prob.hope you get it fixed.

no not on a 2003+ truck...

The door ajar switch is wired only to the driver's door module (the window switch assembly). Then the DDM sends the door-ajar message to the BCM and IPC over the data bus.

So as long as the Class 2 data wire going to the DDM is fine, then its not the wiring. Its the switch. And yes, the databus wire going from the DDM to the rest of his truck is fine. Because if it wasnt, door locks, windows, mirrors, lighting, and a whole bunch of other stuff wouldnt work.

Ben

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Ben, is this how the 2006 truck should operate?

IF I open the door before removing the key and then remove the key while the door is open the radio will stay on and turn off in a few minutes after closing the door. IF I remove the key when the door is closed the radio stays on then turns off when I open the door.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009

The door ajar switch is wired only to the driver's door module (the window switch assembly). Then the DDM sends the door-ajar message to the BCM and IPC over the data bus.

So as long as the Class 2 data wire going to the DDM is fine, then its not the wiring. Its the switch. And yes, the databus wire going from the DDM to the rest of his truck is fine. Because if it wasnt, door locks, windows, mirrors, lighting, and a whole bunch of other stuff wouldnt work.

Ben

Great info thanks Ben

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada

Ben

Thanks for the insight Ben,Good info!