What size boost gauge line?

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Most company's sell a kit with the boost gauge, I dont remember what size it is, but I have one i'm fixing to install, I'll take a look at it when I get home.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
LIl different here as Im using a GM 3 wire MAP sensor. It has a plastic barbed fitting to accept a tube. Then I am using the SD Manifold to screw in another fitting with a barb on the end for the other end of the tube.

Went to Vatozone and bought the shittiest kit Ive ever seen for $6 loll.... the tube was prob about 1/32" and so brittle it snapped when I started playing with it.

Off to Home Depot plumbing section.... two types of hoses. The clear vinyl and the more opaque polyproelyne or something. Clear vinyl was only good to 55 psi, the other stuff was good to 165 psi and looked identical to the stuff Ive seen most boost gauges use. Got a 20 foot roll of it, its 1/4" OD x .170" ID, or just below 3/16" which is the magic number I was thinking boost lines usually are?

So I think Im set.... we shall see when my SD Manifold comes in and I lay everything out. Thanks

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Its for this thingy here :D
gaugein1.jpg

gaugein2.jpg

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Ya i cant beleieve it but hte cover is actually decent. The gauge looks good with the matching chrome trim ring too. I need to figure out a good way to attach the cover that isnt too thick (like huge 3m foam double side tape) and then wire everything up. Waiting on the SD manifold which I think comes tomorrow then Im goin to town!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Smaller hose gives you faster, more accurate readings.

But not as fast as the wire that I use!!

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Ya i cant beleieve it but hte cover is actually decent. The gauge looks good with the matching chrome trim ring too. I need to figure out a good way to attach the cover that isnt too thick (like huge 3m foam double side tape) and then wire everything up. Waiting on the SD manifold which I think comes tomorrow then Im goin to town!

I didn't use the double sided tape on mine, I drilled 4 holes and used plastic rivits.