What does it cost to build a World Record Breaker Motor?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I'm talking brand spanking new not "used" but a 1000 RWHP painted your color .not gold plated or anything fancy like that ,but a sleeper so to speak.

You can get a Socal Stage II for $18,400 then for say another $10 K on pushing some air and fuel at it your up to $28K . That is just off the shelf parts.

For 28K and a good tuner you have to have a World Record Breaker no MATTER what World Record you were going after!

I bet you can do it for a whole lot cheaper then that also!NO?

Or am I way out in left field and it's a lot more then that what I posted and should grab a deal on a USED one ,that's saying a USED one was to come to market as there aint many Word Record Breaking motors on the market.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I can build a 1000hp motor for under 10k. It will live a short life. Gotta pay if you wanna use 1000hp for any length of time.

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
With decent pricing and a good shop, Engine with forged pistons and the works with capable compounds, you should be in the 15-18k range for the package depending on the turbos you choose for it.

Still alot of money, and at a 1000rwhp your only going to see 10-15 minutes of use at that power level. :eek:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If you used brand new parts, and every single little "extra" piece I'm sure it could cost that much

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Your not buying brand new injectors and enough air with 10k. Since he's asking new prices. Stuff gets stupid priced. Don't think Socals motor includes a girdle or 625's either. I'd also want billet hold downs after popping an injector on mine.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Your not buying brand new injectors and enough air with 10k. Since he's asking new prices. Stuff gets stupid priced. Don't think Socals motor includes a girdle or 625's either. I'd also want billet hold downs after popping an injector on mine.

I was just about to post the same thing. Maybe an S366/S483 compound setup, some honed nozzles on tested/flowed/calibrated injector bodies, and a dual fuelers with stock CP3s, but world record setup? I don't think so.

rcr450mx

Dec 7, 2010
Indiana
On top of world record engine components you would need world record quality machine work that won't be cheap either. (If you want sustainable world record power)

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I'm talking brand spanking new not "used" but a 1000 RWHP painted your color .not gold plated or anything fancy like that ,but a sleeper so to speak.

You can get a Socal Stage II for $18,400 then for say another $10 K on pushing some air and fuel at it your up to $28K . That is just off the shelf parts.

For 28K and a good tuner you have to have a World Record Breaker no MATTER what World Record you were going after!

I bet you can do it for a whole lot cheaper then that also!NO?

Or am I way out in left field and it's a lot more then that what I posted and should grab a deal on a USED one ,that's saying a USED one was to come to market as there aint many Word Record Breaking motors on the market.

LOL too funny.....:roflmao::rofl:

I have a feeling your missing a few key parts..... But hey what do I know?:rolleyes:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I think the turbo kit alone is 10g's. But why ask new price for something used is what i do not understand. YES it is the best of everything but it is still not new by any means so asking new prices like was stated doesn't make any sense:confused:

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I've been thinking the same thing this whole time just was not gonna say anything. Lmao. But since there happens to b a post about it why not ! 35000. Wow!!

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
On top of world record engine components you would need world record quality machine work that won't be cheap either. (If you want sustainable world record power)

not to step on any toes but this type of machine work is around for lots less than big name shops.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Maybe I have been buying all my parts from the wrong places. I don't have any labor other than machine work and its capable of your 1000 HP and DD and all the good stuff. His price may be premium but you cannot build one with the quality that this motor has for the teens or low twenties. I didn't have to pay retail cost on a lot of my parts and I am up there in cost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I have 10,000 in mine with stock pistons. I already had dual pumps and turbo. Im not at 1,000hp either. Thats rods, studs, injector nozzle honed, springs, machine work, balancer, bearings, gaskets.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I guess you have to decide what record you are after. Drag racing record, salt flats record, towing record, pulling record, dyno record. And probably some more I haven't heard of. I can see if you pay total retail and use the most expensive shops you could easily get 30K+ in a 1000 hp+ engine. How many of us actually do that? And Verlon is correct, any engine making that kind of HP at WOT has a very limited life. We are talking minutes not hours.