We're back!!

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
:confused:
Shouldn't you be doing it at least monthly???

No. This is a Linux variant (CENTOS) not MS Windows just a little bit more stable. Also I've seen where places reboot computers just because and they don't come back; dead, doa etc. And since the server is about 5 hours away in a locked bldg I can't just get to it to bring it back to life. I couldn't get the control panel to restart it myself so had to ask them to do it. They said: it will get done within 60 min. I don't think they would be much faster if the thing died on me.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
No. This is a Linux variant (CENTOS) not MS Windows just a little bit more stable. Also I've seen where places reboot computers just because and they don't come back; dead, doa etc. And since the server is about 5 hours away in a locked bldg I can't just get to it to bring it back to life. I couldn't get the control panel to restart it myself so had to ask them to do it. They said: it will get done within 60 min. I don't think they would be much faster if the thing died on me.

ah, I was thinking windows based for some reason. Makes sense.

Come on Rob, I pictured a spare bedroom in your house with a few servers setup :D

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Actually I got 3 desktops in the 'office'. 1 starts itself up in the early morning and backup the database, garage, attachments, avatars etc etc for the site, 1 is for email and general surfing and if it is on when the first one is running it copies the site backup to it, the 3rd one could be running XP, Win2K client or server, CENTOS server or client or just about anything else.

And then I have 2 laptops; 1 for putting tunes in the LT1 in my El Camino, and other laptop I use in the front room, when I travel and for tunes for the Camaro.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Actually I got 3 desktops in the 'office'. 1 starts itself up in the early morning and backup the database, garage, attachments, avatars etc etc for the site, 1 is for email and general surfing and if it is on when the first one is running it copies the site backup to it, the 3rd one could be running XP, Win2K client or server, CENTOS server or client or just about anything else.

And then I have 2 laptops; 1 for putting tunes in the LT1 in my El Camino, and other laptop I use in the front room, when I travel and for tunes for the Camaro.

LOL wow Rob... can never have to many computers though huh?:D

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas

Pics please. :D

Elky's have always been my weakness.....

Last edited: