Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'm all natural so far nothing against it. I thought about it 1000 times just never pulled the trigger. I'm 24 so I think I probably got a good amount of test in me already. Seems like everyone does it and it obviously helps. My thing is its money I can't drop in the old dmax!

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Ya it sucks both ways, either can spend the money on gettin big or can spend the money on my baby running good ha..

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
5'9" 185
squat 325x2
Deadlift 405x2
Bench TBD
only been doing this since january

Must have some good genetics.. I know everybody loves to bench as much weight as they can because that's one of the staple alpha male lifts but what are your goals?

If you're tryin to get cut up now for summer try doing DB flat incline decline presses as well as flyes.. It will give you a more isolated workout for your chest as well as work your slow twitch muscle fibers stab izing the dumbbells through the movement..

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
The acne usually comes because your levels were off, what mg were you running your test base at? What was the ace at? Was it every day or EOD pins? Test prop or enenthate?

There are two ways you can run that cycle, you can run your ace just under your test like 500mg test a week 400mg ace a week or a badass new way is to run your test with test prop and only run 450mg a week and your ace at 550mg a week.. Just run cabergoline with it to help with Tren dick :)
I'm very lacking on the tech side lol. A friend hooked me up and advised me on what and when to take. I took a test blend, I think it was a blend of 3 types, 400 mg every Monday. Tren, don't remember the exact mg but took 1 cc EOD. And the GH I'm only using .2 cc a day of that, tried more but hands hurt like a bitch at night.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Even if you're running T500 which is test e250 test c 250 per CC you need to pin that ester twice a week.. Once a week is too irregular will give you the side effects of stuck like acne and lethargy especially running what sounded like 100mg of Ace EOD, so at the end of the week you're damn near only pinning t ren with no test to support your anabolic state

Monday Thursday would be more ideal for pinning your test base

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Would dbol/test/NPP be too many compounds since I've only run test alone? I'm starting to prepare for my fall/winter bulk. Start slowly gathering what I need.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Nah those are both mild compounds in the grand scheme of things, you will like that set up for a winter bulk..

I'd try
500mg test
400mg NPP
50mg D Bol
Do that for 4-5 weeks see if you're liking your gains, if you want more it wouldn't hurt at all the bump everything up to say

750mg t est
5-550mg N P P
100mg D Bol

And ride that out for your remaining weeks of a 12 week cycle

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I Powerlifted from 1978 -1993 with Australian Drug Free Association
I broke 63 State and National Records in 82.5kg, 90kg, 100kg and 110kg Divisions. Best Lifting weight was 82.5kg (181 lb)
Best Comp Lifts at 82.5 bodyweight were Squat 322.5kg (711 lbs) Bench 212kg (467 lbs) Deadlift 317 kg (700 lbs) Total 825 kg (2648 lbs)
Never used the (Gear) Still train 3 times a week at my own gym. 67 yo this year
My opinion if You want to grow muscle go for a mix of mainly repwork with a few heavy doubles or singles periodically. You want to get strong then go for as much weight under 6 reps in shortest possible workout time then recover. Heavy lifting knocks the body around energy wise. After a Comp I wouldn't touch a weight for 3 weeks before starting a new cycle. I believe weight training is still one of the best things for the body :thumb:

Damn! That's impressive. I'm going to try my first powerlifting meet in the fall... I may have to hit you up for some training tips.

Very cool your still lifting at 67 I hope I still can push when I'm that age:thumb:

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Man...I need to get my ass moving and get into the gym..you old guys are making me feel guilty...my bones/joints just feel a lot more busted up and worn from almost a decade in the Marines...maybe just maybe I'll start looking into it

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Man...I need to get my ass moving and get into the gym..you old guys are making me feel guilty...my bones/joints just feel a lot more busted up and worn from almost a decade in the Marines...maybe just maybe I'll start looking into it

You need to work on those legs for when that 6.uhoh leaves ya walking:D

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..

Muscle memory will kick in!! I took a year off after serving.. Last thing I wanted to do was Workout when I was done.. :) glucosamine fish oil and a shot of virgin olive oil in your protein shake will do wonders bro...

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Muscle memory will kick in!! I took a year off after serving.. Last thing I wanted to do was Workout when I was done.. :) glucosamine fish oil and a shot of virgin olive oil in your protein shake will do wonders bro...

That was my thing..only actually been out about 3 months haha. I will have to give that a shot in my shakes. Need to get started my issue is finding motivation to go to the gym by yourself

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
Good job on the squating! It really is one of my weak points but I have only been doing them for less than a year. I have come along way in 9 months. I just don't want to be the guy in the gym that has to wear sweat pants cause he has small leg and calf syndrome:D

thanks also my deadlift as of last year with no gloves or grips is 465 i do lighter weights now on deadlifts
all natural here too. i take a stack of p6 and mutant pump with, pump hd pre workout.

Last edited:

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
That was my thing..only actually been out about 3 months haha. I will have to give that a shot in my shakes. Need to get started my issue is finding motivation to go to the gym by yourself

Ya I feel ya on the motivation by yourself.. It'll kick in i always just try and find the big guy in the gym (lived in 4 states in the last 6 months) and I just try and tag along enough to wear he eventually becomes my workout partner HAAA!!

micky

Jun 9, 2013
Damn! That's impressive. I'm going to try my first powerlifting meet in the fall... I may have to hit you up for some training tips.

Very cool your still lifting at 67 I hope I still can push when I'm that age:thumb:

Your Welcome Mate. I trained many over the years besides myself. This guy Lamar Gant was always my hero. Pulled 670+ off the floor at 132 lbs bw. Thing about him was he wasn't your conventional Deadlifter and push with the legs. He used the legs to get the bar moving then its all back work. They used to call him the "Coil Spring" watch the vid of him at Hawaii in 1988

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klXVGdlLx-I

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Here's mine, 5'9 125-130lbs in the first two. Then the last two are around 160lbs.

Granted I'm by no means big, but aiming for 180-190. I've never attempted to max. But I rep: 225 bench, 275 squat and 300 deadlift. Took about 3 months and 1/2-3/4 gallon of whole milk a day. About to go on a gallon a day diet in 2 weeks to hit 180lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20130325_194245.jpg
    IMG_20130325_194245.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg