Using LB7 parts on LLY??

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I have Charge pipes and a Y-bridge from a 2001 lb7 just sitting around. I was wondering about swapping them onto my lly and making a custom intake right from the charger. The question is, will my stock charger without a riser clear the 01 LB7 Y bridge and leave me enough room to make a custom intake? I seem to remember a thread with pictures with someone who did this, but I couldn't remember if they had an aftermarket charger or stock charger, and I can't seem to find that thread. Any help would be appreciated!

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I would say no, mine barely clears with a 6.25" pedestal, that being said my turbo inlet is a 5" also..

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I have Charge pipes and a Y-bridge from a 2001 lb7 just sitting around. I was wondering about swapping them onto my lly and making a custom intake right from the charger. The question is, will my stock charger without a riser clear the 01 LB7 Y bridge and leave me enough room to make a custom intake? I seem to remember a thread with pictures with someone who did this, but I couldn't remember if they had an aftermarket charger or stock charger, and I can't seem to find that thread. Any help would be appreciated!

Just put a billet 66 on:thumb: :D

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Just put a billet 66 on:thumb: :D

lol, Jake I'm just bored, I don't have money to spend right now. Nice Cummins btw. I wondered if that was yours.

I would say no, mine barely clears with a 6.25" pedestal, that being said my turbo inlet is a 5" also..

How much higher is the 6.25" than the stock charger? I'd be using a 3" "horn" right off the charger, so that should give me 1" more room on the bottom than a 5"... Right?

Yeah, It sounds like it won't work. I was hoping for an easy fix of airflow and blowing that stupid elbow out of the stock bridge. Sounds like I'll have to weld up my own lly bridge. Thanks guys.

Anyone need to buy some LB7 charge pipes and y bridge? lol

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You can make it work with a stock charger. I have a LB7 bridge on my LLY with the twins... The intake will be tight on the LB7 y-bridge neck. I shaved a little off with a roloc pad to give me a little more clearance. I will try a hunt down the pics putting it on.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I finally found these pics a while back. I'll be doing this minus the twin kit.

I have lb7 pass up pipe, CAC tubes, intake, and Y bridge, for the budget-total EGR fix.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
That twin kit has gotten around man
Just a little. Still going strong.

Yeah, thanks for posting those pics. lol
No problem.

Here is the latest.
IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg