LB7: U1000 Codes After Tuning

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Need some ideas here. Got a 2004 Duramax with the LB7. Flashed it with EFI Live Saturday night and after flashing, truck didn't start. Pulled out ECM and bench flash stock tune back in then flashed other tunes back in and still won't start by the ignition. All I keep pulling for codes is u1000 and there's 4 of them. I can jump the starter and runs just fine and everything works. Any ideas? Thanks

Bdirtymax

Feb 5, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
I just went through a similar issue with my 08. Stock tune would start, same tune modified would not start. Full flashed both. Was working with EFI Live on it. After the 3rd time of modding the stock tune and flashing it, it finally started. Even though I didn't change anything process wise. No idea why but mine acted as if the ECM was not flashed. No data could be read, Service trailer brake system warning came on etc.. Not sure if it is something with the new version of EFI Live or not. I even cal flashed the same tune in the truck that would start and after a cal flash it did not start. I know the U codes are communication codes between the modules. Which if the ECM did not flash properly that would explain them.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I also had flash probs with the new efi update.Flashing stock tune back into the truck after swapping the stocker back in with 100% factory electronics and took 7 tries then took after an 8 min flash.same truck wirh previous version was 3 min max.

Bdirtymax

Feb 5, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
I also had flash probs with the new efi update.Flashing stock tune back into the truck after swapping the stocker back in with 100% factory electronics and took 7 tries then took after an 8 min flash.same truck wirh previous version was 3 min max.

Mine always takes 4-5 minutes it seems. Actually feels like forever lately hoping that it doesn't crash with the issues I've been having. :)

Need some ideas here. Got a 2004 Duramax with the LB7. Flashed it with EFI Live Saturday night and after flashing, truck didn't start. Pulled out ECM and bench flash stock tune back in then flashed other tunes back in and still won't start by the ignition. All I keep pulling for codes is u1000 and there's 4 of them. I can jump the starter and runs just fine and everything works. Any ideas? Thanks

Try this thread for some ideas.
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28682&page=2

Cheers
Cindy

There has been no reported issues regarding flash times between releases. What software versions did you notice this change? (Please don't say the last 2, I have no way of knowing what the last 2 versions you installed were, so please list version numbers)

What software and flash method were you selecting for your comparisons?

V7 pass-thru full flash, or cal flash?
V8 BBX full flash or cal flash?
V8 pass-thru full flash or cal flash?

Fwiw, V7 flash speeds cannot be compared to V8 for measuring version performance. The flash methods developed for V8 are about 40% faster than V7. (controller dependent - some are even faster than that, others can be a bit closer).

If the issue you are reporting is with V7 could you please test your flash time with V8?

Cheers
Cindy