LB7: Twin lag?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Hell fellas,Have a bit of a prob that I need help with.I have an 02 lb7 with a 475/stock,80% over's,plat 150 pump,ported horn and when I finished the twins I took it for a drive and it felt good,(I know I need proper tunes but im using my ppe for now)I thought I returned the truck to stock for the first drive but checked and I had it on # 5.I lowered it to # 3 to see how it reacted and it was horrible,truck would barley get rollin out of the gate but when the 475 lit it was like the jolly green giant kicked me in the ass and smokes like a freight train all the time.Now does it sound like im having a hp turbo issue or just need proper tuning?Can anyone recommend a tuner for the mods I have? and a motor build is underway so might as well get tunes to suit.Thanks in advance and sorry for the novel but still learning as I go so advice from the pros is appreciated.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
whoa I would say you are having a fuel / tuning problem!!! 80% injectors without tuning support?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I knew I was gona catch heat for the ppe but I was doing some homework before I pulled the trigger on the dsp tunes,I know the tuners out there wouldn't have a problem but maybee some are better at some things than others such as twins vs singles and oversized vs stock and variations In between.Just want to make the right choice on such an important decision,Not knocking any tuners out there I just don't know anything about it.Thank's

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
There are lots of vendors on here that can help you out. All of them are more than sufficient to help with your setup. I use Kory Willis with PPEi and couldn't be happier. There are very well tuners on this site. Search vendor alley and give them a shout.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Mine was laggy and smoked like hell with the PPE hot+ or whatever it was called, and that was with a completely stock engine. Get your EFI tunes, it'll make a huge difference. Idaho Rob has a ton of experience with that exact combination. At first I had that turbo combination and it's real nice with EFI, doesn't need 80% injectors.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I don't think there is room for anywhere near enough added timing to get even close to burning that fuel. You're probably "flooding" the engine. Is it still a complete dog if you roll into the throttle, or just when you curb stomp the skinny peddle?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I don't think there is room for anywhere near enough added timing to get even close to burning that fuel. You're probably "flooding" the engine. Is it still a complete dog if you roll into the throttle, or just when you curb stomp the skinny peddle?

When I roll into it or stab it its missle on # 5 with no lag but the lower I go the worse it gets,cant believe a rig this size can dance like this but it moves ok,I know with the right tuning it will be a different animal and I am currently gathering parts for my motor build to handle the abuse.Driving like grandpa going to church for the most part to avoid windows.With this much fuel should I have gone a different rout with the turbos?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
ok,I know with the right tuning it will be a different animal and I am currently gathering parts for my motor build to handle the abuse.Driving like grandpa going to church for the most part to avoid windows.With this much fuel should I have gone a different rout with the turbos?
There is nothing wrong with 80% injectors for that turbo setup. I have run 60% injectors on a stock setup with minimal smoke and good response. But........ GET IT TUNED!!!! :baby:

You already said you know the right tuning will make all the difference. So get it done, and evaluate things then. I bet you'll love it.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Keith, it's definitely tuning related. When I put my twins on and the truck was tuned for my single stock charger it reacted the same way you are describing. Slow to spool but once it did it took off like a rocket ship. Once I got it tuned for the twins it was a whole new truck. Give Tony at ridge runner a call and he will get you all squared away with some tunes. If you want more air I can have those triples in the mail to ya haha

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Keith, it's definitely tuning related. When I put my twins on and the truck was tuned for my single stock charger it reacted the same way you are describing. Slow to spool but once it did it took off like a rocket ship. Once I got it tuned for the twins it was a whole new truck. Give Tony at ridge runner a call and he will get you all squared away with some tunes. If you want more air I can have those triples in the mail to ya haha

Thanks for the reply Chris,I will give Tony a ring and get this cruise ship tuned.Those trips are tempting but il have to start with your rods and duel fuel and again thanks a lot for those.Cant wait:woott:Might take that unknown lbz pump also.Talk soon.