LML Turbo Replacement

SheeB

Oct 7, 2013
Ottawa,Ontario,CANADA
Well my turbo is on the way out so a stock Garrett replacement is on the way.

What other parts should I have on hand for replacement? I have the oil intake hose and gaskets already.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Are you just wanting to make sure you have what you need for the swap or did you have other stuff in mind like a EGR delete?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SheeB

Oct 7, 2013
Ottawa,Ontario,CANADA
Sorry, yes I want to make sure I have whatever parts are needed to put the new turbo in properly.

I have already done the egr delete kit from Deviant, the LB7 uppipe, and a Flo Pro downpipe to the 5” exhaust.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
As long as you have the oil line gaskets that's it. You should replace the small coolant hoses too. Atleast pressure tester system before buttoning everything up. It's not uncommon for them to leak aftwards. One of mine did and it sucked getting to it.

SheeB

Oct 7, 2013
Ottawa,Ontario,CANADA
I'm not sure how to get the picture attached for viewing in the thread, but I've attached it below.

So the dealer is awfully confused and ordered me parts for an LGH. :confused:

What part numbers am I needing specifically to get the new turbo installed properly? I was told by the Garrett dealer that I need to make sure to replace the turbo feed line and those gaskets for sure.

I'm thinking 1,2,3,5,6 at least. Do I need part 8 / 12 to reinstall that coolant line?

I can't recall what got deleted with the full egr kit, so I'm somewhat unsure as to what is missing. Lol.

Attachments

• Turbo Parts.jpg
    Turbo Parts.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

SheeB

Oct 7, 2013
Ottawa,Ontario,CANADA
I had my pcv reroute hose freeze up solid and the turbo puked about a quart of visible oil out the exhaust. Now, 2 weeks later I am noticing when I turn off the truck it makes this growling noise which is easily heard with the hood open.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but all you need is 5 and 6. 2,3,8, and 12 only if you lose one I think they are all the same.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Dozer is correct.

You will also need the up-pipe gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I don’t reuse them on anything. They are cheap. Like $7-9 a piece. Is a leak and having to tear back into it worth saving $25? Not to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SheeB

Oct 7, 2013
Ottawa,Ontario,CANADA
Thanks for all those offering answers.

Is there a how-to online for this diy weekend project? Obviously having the egr deleted will make this a little easier and I was sure to anti seize paste everything I previously removed.