Turbo oil supply relocation

Car motorsports

Jun 2, 2016
Ok guys. I have an 04 duramax 2500hd. LLY engine. Which port on the oil filter housing do you use. The bigger Allen head port on top. Or the smaller one on side or bottom. Putting on stage 1 turbo and want to relocate oil supply for cooler better oil. Also what size line you should use for supply.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I use the stock feed still on a 1100hp truck with a big variable turbo fwiw, but you want to pull from the oil galley plugs on either side of the block towards the bottom.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Attached is a pic, you can see the oil galley in the block. Can use any of them they are all filtered oil.
picture.php

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
just to add to Mopars Pic

the red circle are the oil galley ports. they will have those 19mm hex bolts in them. the green circle will have a oil pressure sensor in your truck. dont remove that one

the other side of the block will have the same 19mm hex bolts in the same area with no sensors in any ports. you can use those as well. might be easier on the passenger side. most twin kits hook into the front passenger side oil galley plug

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
the other side of the block will have the same 19mm hex bolts in the same area with no sensors in any ports. you can use those as well. might be easier on the passenger side. most twin kits hook into the front passenger side oil galley plug

Actually, the passenger's side of the block only has the one in the front.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
And there unfiltered.
I wouldn't use less than a -6 on journal bearing medium frame. I've got a tiny line on a ball bearing turbo of mine
Passenger side IS filtered.

The unfiltered passageway is on the driver side. But it has no external plugs. It runs from the oil pump back to the filter/oil cooler housing. The only other access to it would be if the bellhousing adapter was off. There is a frost plug on that end of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

The unfiltered passageway is on the driver side. But it has no external plugs. It runs from the oil pump back to the filter/oil cooler housing. The only other access to it would be if the bellhousing adapter was off. There is a frost plug on that end of it.

Ohh yes idk why I thought i read drivers

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

Yeah, all the plugs in the block tap into filtered oil. Unless you drill and tap a new hole, there is no way to get unfiltered oil from the block.

Car motorsports

Jun 2, 2016
Thks guys. Now all I have to do is figure out way to plug factory oil feed in valley of motor. Maybe a bolt with a sealing washe r

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
They sell a plug for it. Make sure it's sealed good. I had one that leaked, you don't what to know what I went threw to figue out where the oil was coming from.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
just to add to Mopars Pic

the red circle are the oil galley ports. they will have those 19mm hex bolts in them. the green circle will have a oil pressure sensor in your truck. dont remove that one

Holes 3/4/5 (front to rear) are blocked or used.. can use 1 on either side or #2

Hole on top of filter housing is unfiltered oil