Tuning

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I have a 2009 LMM. I am wanting to do a little bit of a different tune in it. I would like a tow tune, a little more power tune, and an economy tune. If I have to pull out a tuner to flash tune real fast that is fine. I would do a switch if that would make it easier but I would like to mainly have 3 good tunes available. I dont want to spend a crazy amount of money. Where is the best place to get tunes from? The truck is deleted.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I like PPEI's stock trans tuning but I have a truck with no dpf or egr so it says it wont work with it. There power levels are
  • Level 1: + 30 HP
  • Level 2: + 60 HP
  • Level 3: +100 HP
  • Level 4: +120 HP
  • Level 5: +150 HP

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
it's not hard to combine tow and economy in one. but being deleted may make it hard to get a tuner to make you something.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
Anyone know of any tuners? If so PM me if you don't want to share names on an open chat. I am just looking for some tuning.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The hard part is typically tuning is done as a single file, DSP2 or DSP5 for the 01-10 trucks. IMO there is nothing wrong with stock trans safe DSP5 tuning.

As said above, the hard part will be finding a tuner who supports emissions removed vehicles like yours.

Reactions: MaxComp88B

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
The hard part is typically tuning is done as a single file, DSP2 or DSP5 for the 01-10 trucks. IMO there is nothing wrong with stock trans safe DSP5 tuning.

As said above, the hard part will be finding a tuner who supports emissions removed vehicles like yours.
Alright. We have a gdp tuner for one of our LMM but from what I understand I cant use in on my truck because it is already assigned to the other truck. Is there a way to get tunes on this tuner and still be able to flash both trucks?

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I know its hard to find a tuner but no one will even peep about tuners and I know most of us on here have trucks with weight reduction but still wont give any tuning places. Would like to supports someone on here before going to any local guys who will tune my truck plus they want a fortune.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
many with weight reduction are doing it themselves. it may behoove you to learn to do this if you want to continue down this road

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Alright. We have a gdp tuner for one of our LMM but from what I understand I cant use in on my truck because it is already assigned to the other truck. Is there a way to get tunes on this tuner and still be able to flash both trucks?
So yes and no.

It very likely is an EFILive AutoCal V2 which is locked to GDP meaning it can only program files written by GDP's FlashScan/license. You certainly can unlink from GDP but then you're unable to tune the other truck. The tunes themselves are non-reusable meaning you cannot use one tune for multiple trucks.

Reactions: MaxComp88B