Tune

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
I have a loaded on tune with no autocal. So I'm wondering if I get a dsp5 switch with 5 tunes will it overwrite the tune on my truck or do I need to do something else.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
What year truck? If 01-05 it's possible the ecm is locked and it's not easy to flash over.

If the ecm is unlocked or not that year model you can flash over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Your good. As far as I know you can't lock the 06-10 ecm like previous years.

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
Freaking sweet Idaho rob tunes here I come. Gonna throw a 5 inch mbrp exhaust on her, egr delete, maybe a intake. Has a 4 inch pml I'm just not pleased with it it's a super nice stainless steel exhaust just not the sound I want.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Your good. As far as I know you can't lock the 06-10 ecm like previous years.

Yes they can be locked. If its a dsp5 most don't bother with it as you cant read the tune out later even if you wanted to, if its a single tune many will lock them to protect there tuning.

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
How can I find out who tuned it then? how will I know it's locked? If it's locked then what do I do? It's a single tune no clue who did it..thanks for the help

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If you didnt install the tuning, you probably will never be able to figure out who tuned it. There's no "tuning by so-and-so" signature written into it.
IIRC, only way to know if the ECM is locked other than having someone with EFI check it is to try uploading the new tuning...if it doesnt take, then you know.

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
You can buy one from Duramax Tuner just give them a call I don't think they are too expensive.

I called duramax tuner they said I should be able to over write with a dsp5 switch regardless if it's locked. Don't know if this is true or not. Anyone else's input is appreciated

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I called duramax tuner they said I should be able to over write with a dsp5 switch regardless if it's locked. Don't know if this is true or not. Anyone else's input is appreciated

I like DT pretty well, I like Mark Broviak's tunes better. I will say this about DT, they are the only tuner that I know of that will build a tune off your vin number, and they can source/attain the stock tune for you too, its always nice to have the stock tune file available.

For your situation, I would absolutely use DT to get you headed in the right direction and swap your ecm with a tuned ecm from DT. I would also buy an EFI V2 and not an autocal, then you can just buy and load individual tunes from any tuner and try them out as you please.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You can buy one from Duramax Tuner just give them a call I don't think they are too expensive.

Last I got one I think it was 350. Or somewhere in that area.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I like DT pretty well, I like Mark Broviak's tunes better. I will say this about DT, they are the only tuner that I know of that will build a tune off your vin number, and they can source/attain the stock tune for you too, its always nice to have the stock tune file available.

For your situation, I would absolutely use DT to get you headed in the right direction and swap your ecm with a tuned ecm from DT. I would also buy an EFI V2 and not an autocal, then you can just buy and load individual tunes from any tuner and try them out as you please.

Kory builds off vin number