TS Outlaw 2011

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, looks like I wont make it after all. Truck isnt even close to being finished, just had no time or good weather. :mad: Driveshaft loop parts still at fabricator waiting to be bend into shape. :rolleyes:
That saying about "best laid plans...." sure applies here. Hopefully next year.

Anyway, hope everyone who goes has a good time. :thumb:

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
That sucks tom was hoping to meet you down there, you don't need loops to run 12.0 though I'm sure you have other things holding you back

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Well, looks like I wont make it after all. Truck isnt even close to being finished, just had no time or good weather. :mad: Driveshaft loop parts still at fabricator waiting to be bend into shape. :rolleyes:

You can never start soon enough, we pulled my motor out just a few weeks after the last pull, yet im still scrambling and have about a week left till the tnt and havent even fired it yet.:(

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

I should have posted a tutorial on our Ghettofabulous driveshaft safety hoops. No welding, just a cutoff saw, a BFH + vise, and a hand drill.

I think they took 4 hours to make, and cost $10.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Well I hate that Tom. Iwas looking forward to meeting you.
I should have posted a tutorial on our Ghettofabulous driveshaft safety hoops. No welding, just a cutoff saw, a BFH + vise, and a hand drill.

I think they took 4 hours to make, and cost $10.

Sounds like a winner !

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I have a brake Pat...it just cant handle 1/4" material, and I needed some level of accuracy. Vise and sledge wasnt doing it. No biggie. They'll get done. My fabber is pretty busy with repairing farm equipment right now.
The big holdup is getting the brakes/hubs completely redone, all fluids replaced and reinstalling my fuel pump with the new pickup. Its been one thing after another around here. I dont go out into the garage (driveway) and work on the truck at 8-9pm after a long day at work and my weekends have sucked.

I have to admit, another thing that played in my mind was the post over at Comp about theft in the pits last year. The idea of potentially losing tires/tools/etc to some scumbag was not palatable. Purely from an event organizer standpoint, safety and security of participants and spectators should be Job 1.

Last edited:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
yep i got robbed last year. noticed right after i went out of my way trying to return a lost iphone to someone. ironic huh?? lol got my pintle hitch and pin and got in my toolbox and stole some tools. I had had it locked but opened it to get a jacket cause i was freezing. Got the phone returned, went back to my truck to leave and relized my shit was gone!! :mad:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
yeah main reason why I bought me a tailgate lock.....so my Recon tailights dont walk off in the middle of the night. Remember hearing about all the thefts last year.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
yeah main reason why I bought me a tailgate lock.....so my Recon tailights dont walk off in the middle of the night. Remember hearing about all the thefts last year.

hell yea I got a new alarm just to head down there. I might be paranoid but im still going lol

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
So what were ever bodies take on it this year? I thought the $25 a person Sucked! I left early did they ever PULL? I know one thing at least we got to play in the MUD. That was some good thought out planning on the parking DUH! O well I am done wranting on this :D

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
So what were ever bodies take on it this year? I thought the $25 a person Sucked! I left early did they ever PULL? I know one thing at least we got to play in the MUD. That was some good thought out planning on the parking DUH! O well I am done wranting on this :D

25 bucks isnt that bad at all. How much do you pay to get into your local pulls with 10-15 trucks hooking? I gaurantee you those local pulls dont cost a fraction of what an even like that costs to put on. Yes they did pull, and the track was very nice thanks to them waiting, and doing the work on it they did. They werent sure what the weather was going to do, so they announced it would start at 6:30, that way it gave them plenty of time to dry the track. They were ready earlier, but they couldnt start, cause people would whine about how they missed trucks cause the show was started early. Where would you have parked everyone? Cant keep everyone on pavement, should they have just canceled cause of the rain? Im sure glad they didnt. This must be your first time to a large event... or any event?

I myself had a great time, and thought the show was great for the conditions that they had to deal with.

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana
25 bucks isnt that bad at all. How much do you pay to get into your local pulls with 10-15 trucks hooking? I gaurantee you those local pulls dont cost a fraction of what an even like that costs to put on. Yes they did pull, and the track was very nice thanks to them waiting, and doing the work on it they did. They werent sure what the weather was going to do, so they announced it would start at 6:30, that way it gave them plenty of time to dry the track. They were ready earlier, but they couldnt start, cause people would whine about how they missed trucks cause the show was started early. Where would you have parked everyone? Cant keep everyone on pavement, should they have just canceled cause of the rain? Im sure glad they didnt. This must be your first time to a large event... or any event?

I myself had a great time, and thought the show was great for the conditions that they had to deal with.

x2.....your pull was pretty impressive as well! There were like 20 dodge guys standing around me talking crap about chevy's, after you pulled it was pretty quiet around me.:roflmao::thumb:

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
I was just wranting :D Rhall I do agree there was no good place to park. Glad you did good i wished we could have stayed later to see you guys pull. Local pulls $10 I still think $25 is to high to each there own.

maxthis I heard some smack being throwed down to but I knew the D-Max would hold ther own.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
x2.....your pull was pretty impressive as well! There were like 20 dodge guys standing around me talking crap about chevy's, after you pulled it was pretty quiet around me.:roflmao::thumb:

Yea it went from "oh , little maxipad come up short" to "zzzzzzzzzzzzz *crickets* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

GeorgiaDuramax

Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Georgia
Had a good time this weekend. Weather turned out to be good on friday, but could have been a little better on saturday but that's just weather. Rob congrats on the win!