Trilingual Cluster?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, this is a new one....

Last week, completely out of the blue, the cluster DIC started rotating between English, French and Spanish. Mileage is still correct, all other gauges work correctly. Disconnected both batteries over night to see if that might help, no luck the next day. Anyone ever seen this before?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
My brother's Suburban had the cluster do that too. First time we'd ever seen anything like it. Thought it might have been the steering wheel controls or wiring, but after swapping clusters it followed the cluster, not the vehicle.

He ended up going with a Dorman replacement that has been working fine, and they matched the miles/hours.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

LBZ_Duramax

May 12, 2009
North Carolina
www.parrishfire.com
Well, this is a new one....

Last week, completely out of the blue, the cluster DIC started rotating between English, French and Spanish. Mileage is still correct, all other gauges work correctly. Disconnected both batteries over night to see if that might help, no luck the next day. Anyone ever seen this before?

Take the back black cover off the cluster and clean the corrosion off the board between the terminals. You will see the buildup on top of the board when you remove the cover. I use a real fine bristle soft brass brush and some contact cleaner and it cleans right up.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Take the back black cover off the cluster and clean the corrosion off the board between the terminals. You will see the buildup on top of the board when you remove the cover. I use a real fine bristle soft brass brush and some contact cleaner and it cleans right up.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Finally found the time to take the cluster out. Replaced it temporarily with the '04 cluster I have from the old donor truck (229, 610 miles on that truck, BTW). Good way to test that one and make sure everything works, anyways....

Took the rear off of my cluster and didnt see anything out of the ordinary, but will try to find some DeOxit and see if it fixes the problem.