Trick Garage

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
who's got a sweet garage setup? i need some ideas, im having a detached garage built at our new house in the coming months. Need to decide on shape/size etc, and some storage workspace rig ups:D
pics would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Yes. When its level with the ground you don't even know its there. The video of this place is awesome. It uses the same hydraulic system as do aircraft carriers.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I saw a shop on the route the other day that made me salivate like Pavlov's dogs. 2 lifts, 12 foot doors, in floor heat, Storage and work space like you wouldnt believe. I should've taken pics.

I only have my 20x50 workshop. Would love to gable the roof and raise it to 12 feet, add a garage door on the front (access is thru the side), add a furnace/insulation and get a lift.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Well, thanks for belittling my plans Pure Diesel :hug:
Just trying to give a little help. :D Figure to start big, do a lot of drooling (like Tom does) and then downsize to what you can afford. I wish I had the property to make a garage. I just have to deal with my 2-car garage.

I saw a shop on the route the other day that made me salivate like Pavlov's dogs. 2 lifts, 12 foot doors, in floor heat, Storage and work space like you wouldnt believe. I should've taken pics.

I only have my 20x50 workshop. Would love to gable the roof and raise it to 12 feet, add a garage door on the front (access is thru the side), add a furnace/insulation and get a lift.
At least you have an area to work Tom. Would love to have that much.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
We're still working on buying a different house, been looking for a couple years (yes two years) and we've been negotiating a deal for one in particular for a month now and finally came to an agreement this week!
Selfishly, I have to admit one of the biggest reasons I want this place is for the garage :p Don't get me wrong, the rest of the home is really nice but the garage has my full attention :)

It's got a really sweet garage that's about 38' feet wide and 32' deep and has a 14 1/2' ceiling, 2 oversized single car doors and one 12' door. It doesn't have in floor heat or a heating system, but it's got tons of built in storage (old kitchen cabinets) and a secondary room that would make a sweet paint/blasting booth, and it's got it's own electrical panel that I'm hoping to get wired for a welder. I'm planning/hoping to add a lift and some ventilation to it right away, but first things first, we have to move in
:rofl:

The floor has a latex or rubber sealant on it already but I'd like to epoxy it, then add a stainless work bench and some nicer more uniformed shelving. But as a start it's gonna be really nice to have the space to put all my stuff and not have to spend half a day moving things around to make room to work on stuff.

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
We're currently building a 35 foot wide by 45 foot deep garage in our backyard. I'll post some pics up as we get building. Have to get some trees down first.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Build it bigger than you think you'll need. You won't regret it. We built a 60'x120' with 20 ft walls and two 24' overhead doors and we're glad we did. We had originally planned to go 50'x100' but we're glad we went bigger. I would definitely put a floor drain in. We used this drain setup and it works great. http://www.u-drain.ca

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Here there are rules about the square footage size and hight of it. Sucks lol and yeah you can use it as long as you work on my truck too lol

I'll have to see what I can get away with, its an acre lot. There are a few nice sized ones in the neighborhood. I need to figure out how much space I'll need.

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Yeah for us it can be no more than half the square footage of your house and no taller than it if it is detached. If its connected than it can be as big as you want but cant be any closer than 15 feet away from any property lines. And 1 acre should be fine we only have 3/4 of one lol its really my dads house but im calling it mine too lol just make sure you check up on the rules and where you want to put it because one drawing we had was going to make us move the drainage field for our septic system.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
e90e611ffa8b5ac6c3bb0d1262af8784.jpg

This is the inside of my garage, if I ever get out of mechanic work I will tear out the wall next too my truck and build on the end and install a lift but its perfect for what I want! Its a 30x40 with 3 10 foot garage doors and a nice epoxied floor with drains.