Transgo Installation.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
How hard is a transgo to install if i were to get one and try to install it myself?
I want to add one to help my trans a little. Is there a descripitive installation manual i can look at? And how much are they and whats a reasonable price for installation if i was to get a shop to do it?

Oilfield_Mafia

Im the ONLY Okie..
Jun 8, 2008
Worlds Highest Hill
Mine came with a good set of instructions.. It took me about an hour to do, cause I took my time, taking pictures of each connection and bolt placement so I wouldnt put it all back together incorrectly. I wouldnt pay a shop more than 1 hour labor charge to do it.

Take your time, get a buddy to help, take pictures as you disconnect things.. Its not hard bud.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Mine came with a good set of instructions.. It took me about an hour to do, cause I took my time, taking pictures of each connection and bolt placement so I wouldnt put it all back together incorrectly. I wouldnt pay a shop more than 1 hour labor charge to do it.

Take your time, get a buddy to help, take pictures as you disconnect things.. Its not hard bud.

Thanks for the advice, sounds like it wont be too terribly hard to do as long as i take my time.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Should be the first mod done before putting any extra power through it but rarely works out that way. Simple mod just take your time.

bmfx1

Jun 6, 2008
Yuba City, Ca
Should be the first mod done before putting any extra power through it but rarely works out that way. Simple mod just take your time.

Where's the best place to buy this kit? Also how much $$ for it? I just picked up a cheap performance programmer (wish I could do EFI Live) but I would like to do this trans kit first. Thanks in advance.
-Bryan